User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Most Awesome iPhone 5s Protective Case Showdown - BRING IT!!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Most Awesome iPhone 5s Protective Case Showdown - BRING IT!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Wrao
Yarp

2015-02-02, 18:13

4 years of owning an iPhone and I've never used a case once master race reporting in.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2015-02-02, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
4 years of owning an iPhone and I've never used a case once master race reporting in.
Same. I went 6 years without ever a case until I got this 6 Plus. It's so big that I needed something on the back for a better grip. I got the leather Apple case. Little pricy but it's great.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-02-03, 01:01

I lust after the poise and élan you both must surely possess.

Signed,

Dinglebart Fumblefingers

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-02-03, 15:22

While I've only dropped any phone I've owned less than 5 times total, I have never broken one. The case is more to limit superficial scratches more than anything. I pretty much keep the exterior looking new.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2015-02-03, 16:11

Ok let's see for the last 16 years:

1st phone (Nokia 5100) - lost in the wilds
2nd phone (Nokia 7100) - dropped and thrown several times before the microphone finally died
3rd phone (Nokia ???) - sucked and was retired as a spare
4th phone (Sony-Erricson K608i) - stolen
5th phone (Sony-Erricson K608i) - drowned?
6th phone - (Nokia ???) - chewed on it while drunk
7th phone (Nokia 6300) - drowned
8 th phone (Nokia 6300) - retired as a spare
9th phone (iPhone 4) - stolen
10th and current phone (iPhone 5) - still alive...

I suck at phone preservation!
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2015-02-03, 18:36

The only phone I ever "broke" was a flip phone (forgot the brand or model) back in college around '04 when I was talking on it and it slipped out of my hands into my bowl of cereal and drowned in my milk. The wet sticker never changed color though so they replaced it free of charge.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-02-04, 20:28

So I got my reply, Drew you might like this...or not:
Quote:
Hi turtle,

I'm sorry to hear that. We can help you with a replacement part, although we are unable to warranty cases sold through Amazon. Each rear bezel for the STRIKE is $15. 00. They are shipped in a bubble mailer via USPS First Class, that arrives in a week or so. Please follow the below PayPal instructions. Be sure to mention the color of your case and your phone model (4/4s or 5/5s). Thanks!

1. Sign into your PayPal account**(if you don't have a PayPal account, it is free and easy to sign-up!)
2. Click “send money” in the upper left corner
3. In the “To” field, enter orders@lunatik.com
4. Enter $15.00 in the “Amount” field (make sure it’s USD)
5. Choose “I’m paying for goods or services” and click “Continue”
6. Enter your Personal information and credit card information where they will take the funds from
7. Review the amount, the payment method, and shipping address
8. At the bottom of the page in the “Subject” field update the following information “<<(COLOR) STRIKE REAR BEZEL>> + <<YOUR NAME>>"
9. In the field "Message body" insert your delivery address and e-mail
10. When you are finished, click "Send money" to complete your payment.

**We are a small but growing company. While we hope to offer additional methods for purchasing replacement parts in the future, we currently only offer parts for purchase via PayPal.

Best,
Brooke L

LUNATIK®
Lunatik Customer Service
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-02-05, 01:36

Thx

This makes sense. I ordered some alternate metal earphone covers back in the early days, thinking I'd swap them out as the mood struck me. Of course the mood never struck. But, same sort of ordering proces.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Dave
Ninja Editor

2015-02-05, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Ok let's see for the last 16 years:
[...]
6th phone - (Nokia ???) - chewed on it while drunk
[...]
And here I thought I'd already heard all the variations on "I did <something> while drunk".

Um, pics or it didn't happen?
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2015-02-05, 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
And here I thought I'd already heard all the variations on "I did <something> while drunk".

Um, pics or it didn't happen?
Um, it wasn't a camera phone.

The story was that my friend in his drunken state had put his phone into the same back pocket as his wallet, which was full of small change. The reason being that you never bother to use the coins when you are really drunk. Anyway, so he sat down on a bar stool and the pressure in his pocket cracked the screen on his phone. Mine was a rugged shock/dust proof Nokia so I felt like gloating and just to prove how tough my phone was I decided to put it between my corner teeth and punch a hole in it's supposedly uncrackable screen. And then karma decided that I should succeed in my drunk-ass stupidity! Well, I suppose it cost me less than what the dentist would have charged me if my phone had lived up to the hype.

So given my experiences, I never believed that meme about the indestructible Nokia phone. It's just normal people who aren't proficient enough in causing damage that believes that kind of naive fairytales.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-02-26, 18:42

It's been almost a month and I've heard nothing back about the part I ordered.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-02-27, 20:48

So after posting that, it comes in the mail today.

It is a little different though. The port for the camera and flash is now covered more as opposed to being one big open hole.

Here is a look. New on the left and old on the right:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-08-23, 00:10

Six months later and my replacement panel is broken in the exact same place. I've emailed their customer service to see what they will reply with. I'm guessing it's pay more money, I'm hoping it's covered under their 1 year warranty. I'll post an update once I hear back.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-08-24, 22:27

Interesting.

I finally caved and bought a replacement for my 5s and it did NOT come with the additional gasket that yours showed back in February.

I fully expect mine to break in the same location because the design is flawed - there are too many complaints about that failure.

Funny story.

Back in July I went with some friends to a renfest in Kentucky and the "bouncer" for a 21-only pub area came over to ask me to put away my flask - he thought that the earphone jack cover was a flask cover!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-08-27, 21:08

I actually got an email back from Lunatik and they said they were going to ship my replacement to me free of charge! I'm shocked and pleased by this.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-08-29, 18:35

Today I got my new back plate in. I'm very pleased that I got this one way faster than my last one. This one is more like my original one though with less protection near the camera lens. Still awesome that they replaced it without making me pay again.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-08-29, 23:41

Cool.

By buying a new case I was committing toward making my 5s last as long as possible

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-08-30, 12:56

So by new case you mean the backplate or a whole new case?

The flask part is a funny story. I can see how one would think it was a flask after you mentioned it. I wouldn't have before your story though.