User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

So what's the story on the whole "legal bud" thing?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
So what's the story on the whole "legal bud" thing?
Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2006-09-15, 14:02

I was looking for a particular Cheech and Chong album, which, as it turns out, is only available nowdays via their official website. So I trundle on over there and see a very prominent and permanent banner ad for so-called "legal bud". Now I've heard of this stuff before (years ago, back when I was still a teen) - blends of perfectly legal and supposedly innocuous substances (like lavendar) which are supposed to have similar, though not identical effects to pot.

I've never given it much thought at all, just assuming at face value that such a thing is bound to be basically a placebo or BS at best and an outright scam at worst. Hadn't given the substance a moment of my attention in over 10 years. But seeing the ad for some reason kindled some sort of curiosity. Do people actually buy this stuff? Does it do anything at all (potporri air freshening aside)?

So... there's the question - has anyone here actually ever tried the stuff? Did it do anything, or is this just wishful thinking on the part of the smoker community being sold by opportune tricksters?

(as an aisde, it all seems so odd to me - legal or not, it's not like it is difficult to get one's hands on the real stuff if they wanted to, so why is there even a market for this kind of thing?)
autodata
hustlin

2006-09-15, 14:37

I don't know about the "legal bud" (and I'm at work so I'm not going to look into it), but there are a number of legal highly psychoactive plants that you can buy online and in head shops. Look up salvia, for instance.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-09-15, 14:42

Check your local law before buying salvia though, it is illegal in some states.