User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

Color Photography Sharing Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Color Photography Sharing Thread
Page 79 of 94 First Previous 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83  Next Last Thread Tools
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2011-12-03, 18:47

Interesting shot AWR. I picked up at Cameron Fader ND Filter yesterday and gave it a quick test at a local creek. Not a great shot, but being able to slow the shutter speed between 2-8 stops without mucking around with extremely expensive square filters is nice.

I took this shot with my tripod in the creek, so it is a little soft from the water creating vibration. This is a 5 second exposure, F8 ISO200. I took another shot without the filter, and it was a 1/20 exposure at the same settings.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2011-12-10, 20:33

Snowy Owl shot. This one is cropped (from 12MP to 2MP), because you need to be very sensitive to the space these birds need. Under Canadian law violations can lead to fines, not something I wanted to receive.

GSpotter
Veteran Member

2011-12-11, 05:58

Great shot! So far I had seen snowy owls only at the zoo.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2011-12-12, 19:07

AWR's done a Gursky on us with his last photo. It's great!

Love the owl, PB PM. It's good to know you Canadians are saving owls while screwing the planet.

I was in the musée du Louvre today, where I saw this girl sketching Venus. The funny thing was the spectators literally peeping around the wall to watch her work!

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2011-12-12, 20:48

The boy most likely thought she looked cute and was checking her out.

Re: Kyoto, useless treaty anyway, since the US didn't join.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2011-12-20, 00:38

Did volunteer work all weekend at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. This is a puppy named Boo.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2011-12-22, 02:32

A shot from my walk this morning.

ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2011-12-28, 12:30

There's a little shop in Bryant Park in NYC that sells little metallic sculptures of sci-fi characters. Neat stuff.

Ryan
Veteran Member

2012-01-01, 20:31

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2012-01-02, 01:32

GSpotter
Veteran Member

2012-01-02, 16:35

Some shitty weather at the moment, so here's a shot from last fall:
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2012-01-02, 19:57

The weather's also horrible here in Paris. It was great a few weeks ago, when I visited the medieval Cathedral Basilica of Saint Denis (just north of Paris proper). There still wasn't much light inside, though! Almost spooky in places.

A strange and impressive building, surrounded by people ignoring it.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2012-01-03, 09:39

Cool shots DG - really like the exposure and perspective of 3, 4, 5 and 7. Using your magic Ziess lenses?
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2012-01-03, 11:42

Yup! The 1st and 4th photos were taken with the 50 mm Makro-Planar; the others with the 25 mm f/2.8 Distagon. I should have taken the 21 mm Distagon, but as usual, I couldn't be bothered carrying it along! That lens is too big and heavy for my taste, though I love its impressive optical quality and ultra-wide angle of view.

The main problem I had in Saint Denis was choosing what to photograph, getting enough light, and dealing with the high contrast in Aperture. However, these are fun problems to have.
!Marc!

2012-01-04, 04:04

Back from NewZealand, ridiculous amount of work to do at the moment, but I managed to upload a few to my account if you're interested..

https://picasaweb.google.com/nordkap...ewZeelandSouth

Did I mention...EarthquakeS....Unbelievable, I was right there in Christchurch on December 23rd, 4 Earthquakes and about 100 Aftershocks in 24 hours.

Oh and 3536 km on a bike.
AWR
Veteran Member

2012-01-04, 05:01

Stunning set, !Marc!. Man that looks like it was fun. (No pictures of food though - what's up with that? Didn't you eat????). I haven't done a proper tour since 1992 and then it was half that distance. I love the shot with the perch over the beach, with the rollers and one cow. I wonder how you just didn't cancel the rest of your trip and stay right there.

Thanks for your set too, DG. Challenging conditions! Does your girlfriend stay at home or work or something when you're off on soemthing like this? Seems like it might take some time to get these shots.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2012-01-04, 08:10

I count five cows in that photo (number 19?), AWR. But I'd stop there anyway.

That looks like a brilliant trip, Marc. I'd love to do something similar, but a bit shorter (two weeks, maybe?). But I have no money or planning ability. (Nor fitness, currently.)

AWR, my girlfriend works while I bum around taking such photos. In this case, I was with a stock-shooting photographer friend, who spends even more time than I do at a location!
AWR
Veteran Member

2012-01-04, 08:27

Yea, now I see them other cows.

I was distracted. I could just look into that scene for the rest of the afternoon (but it wouldn't get me there, and I'd have twice as much to do tomorrow).
!Marc!

2012-01-05, 07:17

Well, there are those mega-dairy farms in NZ, so on occasion you can see 2000 cows in a field...I did eat, but I think I lost quite a bit of weight.

You dont have to be fit to go on tour - alright, i lie, but I am not that fit, all I did for this was to train for ONLY 3 months to get myself up to the capability of cycling 50miles a day without too much effort. By the end of it, i was capable of cycling 100miles without even thinking about it. There are some pretty tough hills in south NZ, several of them nearly 1000m (3000ft) - I managed 7 of the largest with a bike weighing more than I could lift - but most days there were hills of 300m repeatedly except along the East coast, where its dead flat. Oh yeah, did I mention the wind - I had 6 weeks of storm force winds, infact for November, I had pretty much not got out of 1st gear, doing 5mph into a brutal wind all day long was not fun. Then there is having to sleep in wet clothes in a wet sleeping bag on the side of the road, because the campsite was closed by the crew of the Hobbit and their 'security'. Thanks for that Peter...did I mention it rains alot, and when it does it goes on forever. However, things did change Mid December and I had some wonderful lovely sunny days, albeit still a bit windy.

When I get chance I will go through the photos and straighten, clean up, and remove the dust bunnies - probably in about 4 years time.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2012-01-05, 21:21

From the porch of the hotel I'm at for the week for work.

Untitled by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr
Chinney
Veteran Member

2012-01-11, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Marc! View Post
[...]You dont have to be fit to go on tour - alright, i lie, but I am not that fit, all I did for this was to train for ONLY 3 months to get myself up to the capability of cycling 50miles a day without too much effort. By the end of it, i was capable of cycling 100miles without even thinking about it. There are some pretty tough hills in south NZ, several of them nearly 1000m (3000ft) - I managed 7 of the largest with a bike weighing more than I could lift - but most days there were hills of 300m repeatedly except along the East coast, where its dead flat. Oh yeah, did I mention the wind - I had 6 weeks of storm force winds, infact for November, I had pretty much not got out of 1st gear, doing 5mph into a brutal wind all day long was not fun. Then there is having to sleep in wet clothes in a wet sleeping bag on the side of the road, because the campsite was closed by the crew of the Hobbit and their 'security'. Thanks for that Peter...did I mention it rains alot, and when it does it goes on forever. However, things did change Mid December and I had some wonderful lovely sunny days, albeit still a bit windy.[...]
Sounds brutal, but potentially fun. I did things like that when I was younger. The west coast of Ireland on my bike in the rain.... I am not sure that I would be prepared to put up with that amount of discomfort for that length of time at this stage of my life, but I was happy to do it then. Now my cycling is a bit more leisurely, and definitely more comfortable, and unfortunately, quite a bit less frequent.

Here's a pic from our very comfortable vacation last summer (not on bikes that time). I will get around to posting more recent pics - such as there are (not many) - before long.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2012-01-12, 03:11

Tough job, keiran?

Chinney: ha! Fancy building for a lingerie shop.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2012-01-12, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post

Chinney: ha! Fancy building for a lingerie shop.
Cool. How did you make the find of where I took it?
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2012-01-13, 03:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
Cool. How did you make the find of where I took it?
I did a google.fr search for the term "anny b" lingerie. First hit!

Was curious about the building, not particularly where you'd been.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2012-01-14, 03:14

Had some great light when I was out shooting Wednesday afternoon.

Dave
Ninja Editor

2012-01-14, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
From the porch of the hotel I'm at for the week for work.

Untitled by kieran_m_kelly, on Flickr
Please let me know if your company is hiring...
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2012-01-14, 15:13

The Phaeno is a science museum in Wolfsburg with some rather strange and futuristic architecture ...
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2012-01-16, 20:27

Snowed in today, so I took a shot of our empty bird feeder...
GOLDFRAPP

2012-01-17, 19:42

Oh, how I've missed this place! I was away for the holidays. Went to Portugal and London (for the first time; what a beautiful city):

Falesia Beach, South Portugal

London cabbie smiling at me

National Monument to the Women of World War II situated in Whitehall, London

Software: iPhone 4S + Instagram only
AWR
Veteran Member

2012-01-19, 02:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDFRAPP View Post
Falesia Beach, South Portugal

Software: iPhone 4S + Instagram only
Now I know how they made Thunderbirds! Interesting.