Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

2009 Funny Kid Stories

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
2009 Funny Kid Stories
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-01-05, 12:02

I don't have any of my own (other than stories of incrimination from my long-past youth), so I'll start with this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7811686.stm

It's all about the love!

...into the light of a dark black night.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-01-05, 12:50

You know, that's borderline cute actually. The innocence and desire to go and do this "where it's warm" (and the stuff they packed accordingly). And they were thinking far enough ahead to bring along a witness (the prospective bride's seven-year-old sister).

Makes me grin and chuckle.

If these two aren't "in it for life", I don't know who is.

If they do grow up, fall truly in love, get married, have lots of children and grow old together, they'll certainly have a cool, funny story to tell everyone about their childhood together.

"Way back in 2009, your grandfather and I were about your age. Well, one day we decided...".

I want to imagine that being the outcome...

*sniff*

Spoiler (click to toggle):
My gut tells me that she'll get knocked up by him at 13, and he'll go to prison for stealing a car to go buy cigarettes shortly afterward. But I'll still hope for the best.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-01-05, 13:37

Hey now, there will be no pessimism in this thread. I'm going to do my damnedest not to let it turn into a "kids these days" thing.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-01-05, 13:46

That's why I put it in spoiler tags...read at your own risk. I shall keep an optimistic outlook for the two little elopers.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-01-05, 13:56

I remember when I was in like... i dunno... 3rd grade or something, having this massive crush on some chic. However I was unable to secure a wedding promise at that time.

Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-01-05, 14:59

That's so sweet.

Maybe they were married in their previous life... aww!!!
Windswept
On Pacific time

2009-01-05, 15:36

Five and six years old. A very sweet story. And they didn't just 'talk', but put their plans into action. Cool!

The witness was presumably much more mature (at the age of seven), and I'm surprised she went along with everything.

*My* childhood story (from 1st grade - age six) was that I told my boyfriend that if he would show me 'his', I would show him 'mine'.

At the moment of truth, he showed me his, but, feeling sudden modesty (or cowardice ), I asked if I could show him my teddy bear's instead. He was okay with that arrangement.

I showed him my teddy bear's, but I knew that the deal was pretty fraudulent, since my teddy bear never wore any clothes to begin with. Also, I have to say that I never had much respect for my friend's intelligence after that little episode.

I felt that I had betrayed my teddy bear a bit, too.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-01-05, 15:52

We just know all kinds of crazy things about you!

Teddy bear exploiter, pizza maker, etc.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-01-05, 16:01

Carol knew what she was doing the whole time... I'm not buying that "sudden modesty" angle. She planned the Teddy Bear conspiracy from the start. BTW I think that scenario was not at all uncommon back prior to the 1980s, if I had to guess.

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2009-01-05, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
BTW I think that scenario was not at all uncommon back prior to the 1980s, if I had to guess.
I wonder about that. I knew a kid from high school who tried to do it with a girl when he was in 3rd grade, (I *think* they were copying what their parents were doing or something). Of course, it was not successful being pre-puberty, but still ! He says in retrospect, they were confused about why parents liked it so much since it wasn't really that fun.
murbot
Hoonigan

2009-01-05, 18:07

They should just let kids all watch this in school so they know what's up.

sex explained