User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

True Crime: Streets of LA for Mac?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
True Crime: Streets of LA for Mac?
rampancy

2004-08-07, 23:56

I was spelunking for some Mac games on CompuSmart, a Canadian computer store chain that has some decent Mac support, when I found this:

Quote:
True Crime: Streets Of L.A. Mac CD $69.99*ea CDN
Software*/*Games & Entertainment*/ Action / Arcade*10760
Aspyr Media Coming Soon. Due to arrive in 108 Days. (11/24/2004)
I found the listing here.

True Crime isn't exactly GTA, but I suspect it will be close enough for the people out there who want it really badly for the Mac. I guess this is a good thing?

I know that this isn't new for Mac games; on CompuSmart's page I once saw a listing for a Mac version of Commandos 2 from MacPlay which never showed up, and I've also heard of bogus listings for Mac versions of games posted on Amazon.com.

I'd like to know if there's any rational explanation for this. Or is it really just another boneheaded typo?

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Mass Appeal

2004-08-08, 19:35

Please stay away from True Crime it is a horrible game.

I'm a big gamer and since I've made the switch I've come to the realization that the Mac, at least for the forseeable future, won't have an adequate supply of games for a true heads needs. If you want games get a X-Box. Consoles are cheaper then PCs and have a better variety games.

If you like turn based strategy games try Civ 3 or even Halo although I haven't played it on the Mac so can't say how good the port is.

I know this probably hasn't helped much but it's best to face facts and get one of the three consoles.