Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Found a great deal, share it here!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Found a great deal, share it here!
Page 15 of 17 First Previous 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17  Next Thread Tools
ironlung

2011-08-05, 15:26

HP touchpad for $200 off this weekend at staples.
LINK

So a 16GB for $299
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-08-05, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlung View Post
HP touchpad for $200 off this weekend at staples.
LINK

So a 16GB for $299
So tempting. It's tax free weekend here, too. My brother in law works at HP now (was at Dell and they couldn't pay him enough to stay - and they tried) and I've been pulling for them anyway.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-08-06, 01:12

That's a crazy deal. The latest software update is a big improvement and the TouchPad is hands-down the best iPad competitor (in some ways it even bests the iPad!). The accessories for it are well-designed, too.

I really wish webOS and Windows Phone were performing better in the marketplace. Android is my least favorite of the mobile OSes, and of course it's number one (in phones). Sigh...

A lot of people seem to be excited for the Mango WP7 update, though, which is encouraging. But I'm a little worried about HP. The Pre 3 is competitive, but they announced it in February and it's still not available...I think they could be one of the big beneficiaries of RIM's decline if they actually released products and marketed them well.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-08-06, 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I think they could be one of the big beneficiaries of RIM's decline if they actually released products and marketed them well.
This might belong in a different thread, but: huh?

How does HP/webOS appeal to the business/enterprise user, by all accounts the last remaining bastion of RIM?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-08-06, 09:48

If you have a Kindle with special offers, you can get a Mac laptop for 20% off. You've got to accept the offer by Monday but you've got until 9/8 to redeem the coupon.

Edit: Here are the deets.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-08-06, 13:17

Blast. I only have a regular Kindle and need the Mac before tomorrow. Apple store should match the 20%.
SpecMode
Wait what

2011-08-06, 13:23

That's awesome. Even with the cheapest MacBook Air, you're saving more with that gift code than you paid for the Kindle itself (even the 3G version).
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-08-06, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Blast. I only have a regular Kindle and need the Mac before tomorrow. Apple store should match the 20%.
1) Buy a Kindle with Special Offers
2) Sell your other one.
3) Get drunk and sleep through tomorrow.

Problem solved.
ironlung

2011-08-21, 23:39

So I was able to get a hold of two touchpads for the blow out prices. If I get both shipped, I'll most likely return one. I got the 32 gb for $160 and 16 gb for $110. If anyone is interested, I can sell one to you for cost.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-08-22, 00:37

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/HP-T...ouchpad+tablet
SpecMode
Wait what

2011-08-22, 00:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Ordered. This will make a great 'playing around/hacking' device - and maybe I can actually write an app for it someday, who knows? (At least I'm not contractually prohibited from developing for WebOS, unlike a certain other popular mobile device platform...)
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2011-08-22, 00:59

Meh... can't ship to Canada.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-08-22, 01:18

Nintendogs + Cats is half off at Target this week. I'm getting it, and not just because I'm a software-starved 3DS owner.* I just like dogs.

The blue version is the best one, because it has huskies. <3 <3 **

*) In fact Devil Survivor Overlocked is also coming out this week, and I'm actually paying full price for that, but I traded in games for it so that doesn't count.

**) All three versions technically have all 27 breeds; they just each have a different assortment available at the start.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-09-11, 23:45

If you're inspired by Star Fox 64 3D, the new red color, or [insert whatever Nintendo announces tomorrow] to pick up a 3DS, you might want to know that Target is including free cases — "a $19.99 value" — with 3DSes this week. I'm not really a case person, but if you are, it's almost like getting a 3DS for $150. Almost!

Also, anybody who buys Star Fox 64 3D at Target can get a second game (so, Zelda) for half off. This makes Star Fox a better value; I love it to death and I imagine it's a perfect showcase for the 3D effect, but it's a bit short and already-played-to-death for me to justify dropping $39.99 on it. Though if you haven't played Star Fox 64, first of all what's wrong with you and second of all it's totally worth the entry price. Including a 3DS. Because it's Star Fox.

In fact, with both of these deals together, you could get a 3DS, case, Zelda and Star Fox for $210. Or if you have Target's free debit card, $199. A brand new system and two of gaming's definitive experiences for $200! If you haven't played those games before, it's hands-down the best $200 you could spend on gaming this year (because seriously, what else would you get, a Kinect? That horrible Skyrim collector's edition?).

If you wait until the holidays, you might be able to get Zelda and a gold triforce-y 3DS for $199. But you wouldn't get a case, or Star Fox. Or three extra months of joy. So I think the proper course of action is clear.

Please buy a 3DS.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-09-18, 15:16

HP has their wireless (Bluetooth) keyboard on sale for $30. Use code HPSAVE10 to get it for $20. Not bad for a BT keyboard.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-09-18, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
HP has their wireless (Bluetooth) keyboard on sale for $30. Use code HPSAVE10 to get it for $20. Not bad for a BT keyboard.
That is a good deal. I like clicky compact keyboards, although they're commonly costly. I'd take a slim scissor-switch set over a mushy membrane mediocrity, methinks. (Alliteration!)

Target VG dealz roundup: $50 gift card with Xbox 4GB + Kinect bundle. Wii for $134 + $20 gift card, bringing the "real cost" of the console down to $114, a new low. (You could use that gift card to pick up Super Mario Galaxy, which is now a $19.99 Nintendo Selects title.) Finally, Target seems to realize that the grungy blood-spattered Gears of War 3 Xbox probably isn't the best fit for their target consumer (ohoho!); they're including a $40 gift card with the $399 bundle right off the bat.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-09-18, 16:00

I'm hoping that the keyboard is good enough to use with my iPad. I have an Apple bt keyboard but that's currently being used by my Mac mini and I'm without a laptop at the moment. I can still use my wife's MBA when in a pinch but I'd prefer to just use my iPad for the out and about times. If it works well enough to just thrown into my bag, I'll be happy. I don't need any of the "special" functions like play/pause etc.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-09-22, 05:40

Quote:
I'm hoping that the keyboard is good enough to use with my iPad. I have an Apple bt keyboard but that's currently being used by my Mac mini and I'm without a laptop at the moment. I can still use my wife's MBA when in a pinch but I'd prefer to just use my iPad for the out and about times. If it works well enough to just thrown into my bag, I'll be happy. I don't need any of the "special" functions like play/pause etc.
I got the keyboard last night. It works great. Play/pause, volume buttons, even the search button all do what they're supposed to. The only keys that don't work are the keyboard toggle button (like the one in the bottom right of the iPad virtual keyboard) and the power button. The left side of the keyboard is short a ctrl button so that will take some getting used to and the cmd button has different text but in the same place. But $20 for a compact bluetooth keyboard? Can't beat that.

But the best thing about it so far? The actual one/off switch. It was incredibly frustrating to think I turned the Apple BT keyboard off before putting it and my iPad in my bag only to get home and find the iPad on because a button was pressed on the keyboard. The only reliable way to keep that from happening on the Apple keyboard was to turn the iPad's BT off. That won't be an issue anymore.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-09-29, 14:48

I'll just quote Joystiq on this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystiq
Would you like four PS3 games for $60? If so, Amazon has got a deal for you, as it's offering $20 off the purchase of two Dual Pack game bundles. The deal applies to God of War: Origins Collection, the Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack, the Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack and, of course, the recently launched Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection.

If you're new to this whole gaming thing, we're fairly certain that picking up Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and the first two Uncharted titles for $60 may be the best decision you will ever make.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-09-29, 23:03

Quote:
I'll just quote Joystiq on this one:
I just came in here to post that deal. But I have a request - I already have the Uncharted games and I have no love for GOW games. But I am interested in SoC and ICO. Anyone wanna go halfsies with me?

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-10-02, 08:03

Quote:
I just came in here to post that deal. But I have a request - I already have the Uncharted games and I have no love for GOW games. But I am interested in SoC and ICO. Anyone wanna go halfsies with me?
The Ico/SotC collection is only $25 at Best Buy right now: link

If you buy it in-store, I hear their "@Gamer" magazine has a coupon for another $10 off, so you might be able to get it for $15 + the cost of the magazine?

The Resistance Dual Pack, the Uncharted Dual Pack, and GoW Origins are all also $25, if anyone was wondering. No clue how long this will last — I didn't see it in their weekly ad.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-10-02, 09:06

Quote:
The Ico/SotC collection is only $25 at Best Buy right now: link

If you buy it in-store, I hear their "@Gamer" magazine has a coupon for another $10 off, so you might be able to get it for $15 + the cost of the magazine?

The Resistance Dual Pack, the Uncharted Dual Pack, and GoW Origins are all also $25, if anyone was wondering. No clue how long this will last — I didn't see it in their weekly ad.
Damned good deal. I'm going I have I pick that up.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-10-02, 19:45

Quote:
Damned good deal. I'm going I have I pick that up.
And of course, Best Buy reminds me why I don't shop ther anymore. They suck.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-10-02, 20:26

Quote:
And of course, Best Buy reminds me why I don't shop ther anymore. They suck.
Oh no! Was it more expensive in store?

It's my local Best Buy's bizarrely early closing times on Sunday that always foil my plans to spend money there.

Best Buy: "Look at our Sunday ad! Check out all our sweet deals! Oh, but you can't come in today!" *trollface*

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-10-02, 20:53

I've gotten to where I feel the same way toward Best Buy as I used to CompUSA (and that ain't a good thing).

Inexplicable, insane markups on things like cables and other accessories. I've given up on them.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-10-02, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I've gotten to where I feel the same way toward Best Buy as I used to CompUSA (and that ain't a good thing).

Inexplicable, insane markups on things like cables and other accessories. I've given up on them.
Some Best Buys here sell Brammo bikes. I wonder if their add-on markups for that are similar

"The Brammo Enertia is $7,995, but all the models we have in stock are pre-charged by Geek Squad for only $2,000 more. A helmet doesn't come in the box, but you can buy it in a bundle with one of our Rocketfish helmets and gloves for only $15,000. We also offer a two-year replacement plan for only $6,000..."

zippy
Veteran Member

2011-11-03, 08:50

Costco has Eneloop rechargeable batteries for sale: 10 AA or 12 AAA for $19.99. These are battery only packs, so if you don't already have a charger, you'll need to find one somewhere else. But if you have a charger and need additional batteries, this seems like a good price.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-11-04, 02:25

Quote:
I scored 2 WD Caviar Black 2 TB drives for $70 each at Target today. They were in the "Elements" external enclosures. Considering a 2TB Black drive goes for about $180 on newegg, I think I did pretty good.
So I was using the drives as my time machine drives. *Both of them* died on me in the past week. At least that's what Disk Utility tells me. WTF? I haven't had time to look into the issue any more than that.

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2011-11-04, 08:58

The Target ad for next week has apparently been leaked. A poster at Cheap Ass Gamer listed all the video game deals.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=307345

$10 GC w/ Skyrim is good enough for me. I had pre-ordered at Amazon, but now I'm probably going to cancel and pick it up at Target instead. Same gift card value and no waiting for UPS. I took a day off for this, and I'm not going to give it up waiting for UPS. My ass is going to Target before they open next Friday.

[edit] Does anybody know if you can stack the $5 gift card from their game reservation cards with the promotional gift cards from the ad? (Here's the reservation card I'm talking about.) If so, you could end up getting Skyrim for $45. That's a damn sweet deal - probably the best one available without trade-ins.

[edit x 2] The same thread at CAG says the gift cards stack. It's on like Donkey Kong. With dragons.

Last edited by Wyatt : 2011-11-04 at 11:38.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-11-16, 18:48

Amazon has a nice promotion on video games right now, buy one get 50% off on selected titles. The selection isn't huge but it includes the the three major year end blockbusters: MW3, Skyrim, Arkham City (and Uncharted 3 - for those of you with PS3s).

Here is a link.

User formally known as Sh0eWax