AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Found a great deal, share it here!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Found a great deal, share it here!
Page 13 of 17 First Previous 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  Next Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-12-06, 00:45

Radio Shack has a pretty awesome iPhone 4 upgrade special!

$50 off iPhone 4 which can be combined with their generous trade-in allowance ($125) for functioning, uncracked screen iPhone 3Gs models. Long story short, assuming you meet the upgrade eligibility marks, that's a new iPhone 4 for $25.

I'd classify that under "great deal".
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2010-12-08, 21:58

Apple is marking down WiFi-only refurb iPads right now. The 32 GB is out of stock (it was $499), but the 16 GB is still available for $429 and the 64 GB is just $599.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-12-16, 19:28

EA has a bunch of iPad and iPhone games on sale right now. I just got a few for $.99 each that are normally higher. I'll see if I can get a link for you...I just searched EA in the iTunes store and went from there.

Edit: C|Net's where I found out about it.

Edit: iTunes for iPhone and iPad.

Edit yet again!: Office Depot now has a deal where you can buy $60 in iTunes gift cards for $45. Good through Saturday.

Happy iTunes shopping!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2010-12-16 at 19:47.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-12-24, 20:33

Final hours of the pay-what-you-want-and-choose-where-your-money-goes Humble Indie Bundle 2 (now with Steam integration!). Pay more than the average (currently $7.76) and you get Humble Indie Bundle 1 too. That's 11 DRM-free PC/Mac/Linux games for as low as $7.77. Support the indie developers, the EFF, or Child's Play, or split it however you want. It includes the acclaimed Braid and the beautiful Machinarium, and you even get the soundtrack for the latter.

And it's easily giftable, for all you last-minute types (the giftee doesn't see how much, or who, you paid). It's like "a charitable contribution has been made in your name to..." only, you know, funner.

humblebundle.com

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2010-12-25, 10:18

Indie Mac Gift Bundle, 6 apps for $60. Is anyone getting this? SousChef looks crazy good, but I don't want the rest of the pack.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-12-25, 15:25

I wouldn't mind Mars Edit out of that...might just buy it. Already have a few of those even though I never use them.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-03-08, 14:15

Virgin Mobile already has the best smartphone plans in the US — $25 for unlimited data, unlimited messaging, and 300 minutes, for starters — and they recently got a surprisingly solid smartphone in the form of the LG Optimus V, which they priced at only $150, or $50 less than the inferior Samsung Intercept. It's surprisingly snappy and the 3.2" screen is packing as many pixels as the iPhone 3G S. So it's, you know, a pretty good deal, at $150.

Target is selling it for $129 this week. With a free $20 Target gift card. (You could use the gift card to buy Virgin Mobile airtime, which is also on sale at Target.) $109 for a contract-free smartphone is just an insane deal, and it's not like this is some Huawei with a 2.8" QVGA screen. If any of you want a smartphone but are turned off by the $50+ plans and vague data limits, a $109 Optimus V would be a good place to start.

Virgin Mobile uses Sprint's CDMA network.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Fullthrottledesigns

2011-03-08, 14:30

It says out of stock on their website.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2011-03-08, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
$25 for unlimited data, unlimited messaging, and 300 minutes, for starters[...]
I hate living in Canada
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-03-19, 05:39

The AT&T 3G iPad 1 is now only $429 for the 16GB and $529 for the 64GB from AT&T: ZOMG.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-03-19, 05:58

The 64 gig price is insane. If I were in the market for an iPad I'd have a really hard time deciding which to get.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-03-19, 06:20

I would love to get that 64GB one but I don't need it and can't really justify spending that much on an Pad right now. What a price though!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-03-19, 10:35

Popcap's games are on sale to benefit Japan this weekend.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-03-19, 16:09

If anybody wants an even cheaper 3G tablet, the 5" Dell Streak tablet/phone/thing is just $99 with purchase of any Dell PC $699 or up. That's a pretty crazy deal if, y'know, you were getting a Dell.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-03-23, 00:15

Are you buying a 3DS this weekend?

Are you willing to brave the wilds of your nearest Kmart?

If so, you can save $25 on the purchase of any 3DS game with the system. Unless you were planning on buying the system, and no games. Then you're just weird.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-03-24, 13:05

I was filling out a PDF today with a trial of PDFPen and decided it is worth the money (actually, I really needed that PDF without a watermark). As I was ordering, I thought I'd go ahead an add TextExpander since I've been using it for years in demo mode and they provided a discount of $7 to TE. My total came out to $87 and change.

Thinking that a $7 discount was a little odd unless they were doing 20% off "add to your cart" purchases, I decided to see if I could get 20% off PDFPen by adding it to a TE order rather than 20% off TE by adding it to the PDFPen order. That would put me at about $12 off the bundle price rather than $7. I fired up TE and went through the order process and not only was there a 20% discount, but they said the software was $50 rather than $60 is usually costs. Making it $40 after the discount.

Long story short, I got both for $75 rather than $87 just by going through TE's order form. I saved about $20 rather than the expected $7.

Good deal? I don't know, their software has always seemed pricy to me, but I did save some money for things I actually use quite frequently.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-03-24, 14:53

Verizon retail stores selling first-generation WiFi iPads for $299-499.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2011-03-24, 15:28

That's a good deal. 'Scates, will you be getting one?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-03-24, 15:41

Ha...no. I'm all about the 2 (if I ever got one). But I've sent the link to a few people I know who may be interested. They seem to have mostly surfing/e-mail needs and they'd probably like one of those $299 models!
ironlung

2011-03-24, 16:38

I am almost tempted at $299. But I am going to pass because I don't start my real job until August/September.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2011-03-27, 07:50

Is anyone familiar with the The Mac Bundles bundle site? Like, have you ordered from them and had it work out before? I really like that they have a "build your own bundle" set which is really awesome- pick 5 apps of your choice from their list. I've found 3 I desperately want, but I can't pick out another 2 that would be awesome. So a.) does anyone have experience with them, and b.) does anyone else see two apps in the build-your-own that you want?

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2011-04-04, 07:39

Yesterday afternoon, I went to Dollar Tree to pick up a couple bathroom trashcans. While I was there, I stopped by their usually anemic "electronics" section which is mostly composed of cases for outdated phones and iPods, along with some USB cables and shitty headphones.

Yesterday, though, was a different story. They had a big bin with two sizes of neoprene netbook and laptop sleeves. The big one looked like the right size for a 13" MacBook or MacBook Pro (guessing - I didn't buy one). The small one looked like the right size for an iPad.

The little one was just labeled "netbook sleeve," but I figured it was worth a shot, since it's just a dollar. It fits like a glove. (Afterward, I looked at the receipt, and it said "iPad/Netbook Case.")

If you have a Dollar Tree near you, it's worth a trip to look for these. I'm not sure if all stores have them, but it's a damn good deal.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-04-04, 13:44

The 16GB iPhone 4 refurbs (with cosmetic "blemishes") are back on AT&T's site for $79.

Bear in mind, this is what my sister got a few weeks ago (she and her husband both got one). There isn't a mark, scuff, ding or scratch on them anywhere, and the screens were perfect. So I'm not sure what the "blemish" stuff is all about (it might be a roll of the dice...you might get a perfect one, or you might get one with a few scuffs?). In any case, for $120 off the current-generation iPhone 4, that's pretty nice.

And with this latest talk of the iPhone 5 possibly being delayed until fall, those holding out for their June updates may no longer feel the need. You may want to jump on one of these (especially if you've got a first- or second-generation iPhone) and ride it out for another 18 or so months and get an iPhone 6 or 7 down the road?

Off-topic (click to toggle):
In fact, as with my Macs, I do believe my future iPhone purchases will be done this way. I'll probably just wait six or so months into whatever is out and snag a refurb model of the current-generation for way less than $199. Unlike my first-generation iPhone, this 4 I have feels like it has some serious legs, so I won't be all torqued-up to get "whatever's next" and can ride this out for at least another fully year (and probably beyond). Especially if the iPhone release schedule starts to get wonky and unpredictable, it may be easier to just "go with the flow" and not try to plan any June/July purchases, or expect those regular updates.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2011-04-04, 14:34

Wow, that's a sweet deal for a current iPhone!
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2011-04-04, 14:39

I'm almost tempted to just buy this one now and give up all of my issues with my current 3G.

This however might screw me out of getting a new iPhone this summer/fall at a subsidized price.

I've bought a lot of things refurb lately and won't hesitate to do it.

Edit: Just went to check Gone already.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
arteggio

2011-04-05, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
If you have a Dollar Tree near you, it's worth a trip to look for these. I'm not sure if all stores have them, but it's a damn good deal.
Decided to trek out to the local Dollar Tree and I found a sky blue one. The top flap-over is rather difficult with the iPad in it, but once covered it's nice and tight. A good little sleeve. +1 for cheap Asian goods I guess. Thanks for the heads up!
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2011-04-05, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
Decided to trek out to the local Dollar Tree and I found a sky blue one. The top flap-over is rather difficult with the iPad in it, but once covered it's nice and tight. A good little sleeve. +1 for cheap Asian goods I guess. Thanks for the heads up!
Yeah, it can be a little tough to put on, but definitely worth a dollar. Dollar Tree is a magical place. (I got the same color; I'm betting that's the only one they have.)

arteggio

2011-04-05, 12:54

There were two black ones, and the ton of sky blue. I'll be keeping the magical qualities of Dollar Tree in mind.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2011-04-05, 13:06

At my store, only the laptop ones were black. Maybe I should have looked closer. Oh well! I like the blue pretty well, anyway.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-04-05, 13:06

I've recently become a Dollar Tree fan/convert. There are things, like soap or toothpaste, that I'm kinda particular about and try to get a certain type at Target or Walmart or wherever. But for everything else - dishwashing liquid, bathroom hand soap, etc. - it's crazy to spend $2-3 (or more) for these things when I can get then for $1 each. It's amazing!