Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

"Bad Request Error" at Apple Store "Checkout" ONLY Using Safari

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
"Bad Request Error" at Apple Store "Checkout" ONLY Using Safari
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-01-21, 17:41

I recently posted this at the Apple Discussion Forums. I was hoping someone here might be able to help too?

Quote:
Hi,

Recently I have found that I am not able to proceed to the 'Checkout' page of either the UK Education Apple Store or the (normal) UK Apple Store when using Safari (1.2.4 (v125.12)—the most recent version of Safari (as of 21 Jan 05)):

1) I can see my basket and its contents, but clicking 'Checkout' returns the following error page...

Server Error
Bad Request Error
This error indicates that an invalid request was received.

I am, however, able to proceed to the Checkout when using OmniWeb 5.1, so this must be a Safari-related problem.

Searching in these Apple Discussion Forums just now, I returned one related thread titled "UK Apple Store Online Not Working" at the following URL:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/we...9668@.68a3f658

I have the same problem as the initial poster in that thread. However, there seems to have been no solution posted in that thread.

2) I have a further (presumably related) problem. When I try to check my order status at the following URL I return the same error as above.:

https://store.apple.com/Your/WebObje...erStatusEurope

Can anyone help, or specify the "contextual menu bug that's described in the "Safari" forum" that the poster Jiaqi Li refers to at the Apple Discussion thread linked to above.

Thanks

Apple Discussion Forum post.
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2005-01-22, 00:48

During the "panic of Macworld 05" I was suing IE and got the same erros...I guess iit's backwash of the chaos..