Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Avengers: Age of Ultron
¡Damned!

2014-10-22, 20:45

Marvel dropped the first trailer earlier tonight: Teaser

Supposedly it was to be aired after next week's Agents of SHIELD, but it got leaked early, so here we go.

I have so many comments and questions, but I need to watch it another 30 times, because, wow.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
It takes a bit to get past the voice/music/editing parallels with that TDK Joker-intro trailer at first - "you've changed things" - but watch it a dozen or so times and… ha, you still won't get past it. But now you're in the same boat. Welcome!

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-10-22 at 21:04.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-10-22, 22:16

Watched it. I love Ultraman, can't wait!!!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-10-22, 22:49

Looks fun. Love that Stark Hulkbuster armor.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-10-22, 23:04

Well, they've certainly captured Ultron's creepy factor. Can't wait!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-10-25, 19:58

Trying to decide if I'm going to go into "dark mode" for this. I think it's going to be impossible to avoid, even without watching TV. I've already seen one still, and I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer plays in front of Interstellar (which I have successfully avoided seeing much of anything of).

But the still I saw was totes awesome (hulkbuster!). So.

There's a Marvel Studios press event planned for the 28th, when the trailer was originally supposed to premiere…but they announced the event after the leak, so hopefully it's more than just that. The first official word on Doctor Strange date and casting, perhaps?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-10-26, 08:47

They're currently shooting Ant-Man in Antlanta. See what I did there? They're based out of Pinewood Studios' Atlanta compound, which is miles and miles south of town, on property owned by the Chick-fil-a empire (they're big on the film industry in Georgia).

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-10-26, 10:34

There are new reports of Ulysses Klaw having a role in Age of Ultron, leading up to a Black Panther film. Makes a bit of sense with Cap's shield being broken and needing vibranium to repair....I'd say a lot of the recent comments and looks are suggesting an upcoming Civil War storyline.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
¡Damned!

2014-10-26, 10:44

Yeah, I was wondering what was up with Andy Serkis in the trailer. IMDB has his character's name blank, but it sure looks like he's Klaw.

That "metal coating" scene in the trailer would make some more sense too.

So it goes.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-10-26, 14:13

At the :37 mark when that robot(?) thing is talking about puppets/strings, it shows a shot of a room from a distance with all the main characters in it. Anyone see James Rhodes (Iron Patriot) standing there in the tan (grey?) suit? That pic leaked a while back of Don Cheadle on the set, so this must be the scene. The other pic was from a different angle, but there were couches/seating area and there is here as well.

Trying to ID everyone, left to right, but there are two long-haired brunettes I can't place. Freeze-frame on :37 and help me out.

I have, from left to right:

- Bruce Banner
- Natasha the Spider Johannson Honeybun (her official code name)
- ?
- Thor
- Steve Rogers
- ? (red skirt)
- Colonel Rhodes
- Tony Stark
- Clint Barton (Hawkeye)

The second "?" (red skirt) looks like it could be Agent Hill (Cobie Smulders), but I'm not sure. No idea who the other long-haired woman next to Thor is (the first "?").
¡Damned!

2014-10-27, 05:48

Red-dress is definitely Agent Hill, and scuttlebutt is that the other woman is Claudia Kim. I've read character speculation ranging from Su Yin or Monica Chang to Janet van Dyne (), but on IMDB she's simply listed as "Doctor". *shrug*

So it goes.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-10-27, 14:22

On a somewhat-related note:

Well, of course.

He's just the go-to genre guy these days, huh?

I know he's gonna wind up somewhere in Episode VII. He has to! It's basically a law at this point, right?

Quote:
Article 6: Section 14:
If the movie you're making has any or all of the following - dragons, swords, spaceships, space (or time) travel, capes, superheroes - there must be a role reserved for Benedict Cumberbatch, whether it makes sense or not. It is universally expected at this point, and we are not in the business of disappointing fans.

addabox
Veteran Member

2014-10-28, 00:35

Penwing!
¡Damned!

2014-10-28, 08:18

edit: here

Last edited by 709 : 2014-10-28 at 08:28.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-10-29, 10:24

SDCC "sizzle reel" footage released by Marvel.

Good stuff. And the opening scenes are funny/cool.