User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Movember. Novembeard. No shave November. 2015 look-like-a-hobo month!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Movember. Novembeard. No shave November. 2015 look-like-a-hobo month!
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-05, 13:20

You silly people.

Shaving is barbaric!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-05, 13:55

So I've evened out my face and been in public most of the day with it. I've gotten some really interesting looks from people. One that actually commented on how he liked my look. He is also mostly bald and decided to just shave everything. I told him about the no shave November and he was familiar with it but refuses to join in since "it's a pathetic show and not worth even trying".

Taking my daughter to ballet has been the most fun. The looks are priceless in this place. I mean, ballet isn't exactly bowling and the crowd here is different and apparently not used to someone looking like Wolverine in there. If only my hair was longer!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2015-12-05, 14:49

Good hirsuted achievements guys. I'll join in next year with my now pretty much grey beard.
murbot
Hoonigan

2015-12-07, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Taking my daughter to ballet has been the most fun. The looks are priceless in this place. I mean, ballet isn't exactly bowling and the crowd here is different and apparently not used to someone looking like Wolverine in there. If only my hair was longer!
Awesome. Did you finish the Wolverine look or just leave it with the patch shaved through, like in the pic here?

I did the ol' Homer Simpson "it's going down!" thing with my foot the other day in the living room, I'm officially not shaving for 6 months. F it to H. I go on a golf trip to Arizona around the third week of April, so it'll be almost exactly 6 months. I've never gone that long (and I'm not 100% sure I can hold out, foot going down or not) but I'll see how it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-07, 17:01

I did finish it out before going out the next morning. In fact, here is me from a few minutes ago:

Mrs T is still rolling her eyes at me but doesn’t mind me having fun with this. I went out for some shopping today and nobody seemed to even notice at all. Church yesterday was comical though. They all know me a clean shaven and I've been out of church for the last three weeks or so with a horrible cold. So I show up looking like this and threw everyone off. I got a few good compliments too recommending me keep it. That isn't in my plans though, just nice to do something different.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
murbot
Hoonigan

2015-12-07, 17:50

Sweet, man. That's funny. When I've done goofy shit for kicks (like a reverse mohawk last year) it's the funniest when I've had it long enough that I actually go out and forget about it. Then I'm in the middle of dealing with someone and I notice them staring, and it's like oh shit, the hair.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-18, 18:32

I finally shaved off my chops today. It was fun while it lasted but I'm glad to have my cheeks back. Mrs T was trilled to see me clean shaven this morning too. Here is a pic of my last night before heading to bed: