User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

howto stream video for education : facetime?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
howto stream video for education : facetime?
novapples

2012-09-21, 09:26

hye,

I would like to be able to easily stream live academic lectures over the internet.

What would be the easiest and cheapest setup? I thought of new iPod touch for capture and either the same or apple TV, connected to a video projector on the other side.

I have DSL, but only 5-8 Mbps. Would it be better to use FaceTime or Skype for that?

When streaming the video, can I simultaneously save the video and/or audio of the lecture on the source iPod touch?

Other question : I would prefer to be able to plug the iPod touch directly to the ethernet, rather than using wifi. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help on this.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-09-21, 10:40

So it's one on one ? There's not a bunch of people connecting ?

Facetime seems a weird choice. But I guess that would work. You can't record Facetime conversations of an iOS device. I remember seing some screen capture software if you jailbreak but sound was not supported. I would look elsewhere be it skype/google hangouts/etc...

Don't you have a computer you could use with a webcam of whatever ? It would solve the recording & the ethernet problem

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
novapples

2012-09-22, 03:03

yes, it's one to one.

Good thing about ipod touch is that's it's small and discrete.

Why do you think facetime is a weird choice?
I thought it was functional and easy to set up and that the streaming quality is ok?