User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

A Safe and Happy 4th to my American brethren.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
A Safe and Happy 4th to my American brethren.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-07-04, 15:07

Hope you're having / about to have a nice celebration with family or friends, and that we all have some good stories to tell come Monday or Tuesday. Didn't even realize tomorrow is a legal holiday because the 4th is falling on a Sunday. Seems odd.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.

And to my Canadian bastard cohorts north of the border, keep an eye on the free agency signings while the rest of us are enjoying beer brats and pyrotechnics. Colorado has already been on the move and made themselves a better team last year IMO. Let's hope Vancouver gets to work soon!

Cheers,
Moogs

...into the light of a dark black night.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-07-04, 15:11

work work work work work... i have the work ethic of a new immigrant... work work work work work... oooh fireworks... work work work work work...
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-04, 15:22

I like the new AppleNova graphic in the upper left. Nice little touch. Kind of like how Google changes their graphic on certain days .
Quagmire
meh

2004-07-04, 15:23

Stupid rain cancled my sailing plans. A 3 year old boy drowned and his body was found today. But, besides those it is turning out a great 4th
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-04, 15:51

My weekend is goin great so far. Hung out in Chicago last night with a bunch of friends and the gf and saw the city's fireworks show and hit up the Taste (of Chicago).
A few of us are goin out to the suburbs tonight to catch another fireworks show or two.

All in all, nice weekend so far, and it's not nearly over yet

Hope y'all are having as good a time as I am. But remember, be safe, and don't do anything I wouldn't do

Happy 4th

Come waste your time with me
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-04, 15:52

Thanks, moogs. Just kinda enjoying mine, not doing anything different than any other Sunday, really. But...I am off tomorrow, so for that I'm very grateful.

Got a new cell phone (my first ever, believe it or not), so I've been figuring it out, entering numbers, exploring the menus, etc.

A nice lazy Sunday, minus the usual "ah hell, gotta go to work tomorrow..." sense of dread and dismay.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-07-04, 17:01

Yah. No doubt. We just got done inviting our new neighbor over for an afternoon cook-out (even though we ate in because of the threat of rain... still got some porch lounging time though). Had beer-boiled, grilled-to-perfection brats with some macaroni salad and corn on the cob. Oh and some suds. No Molson though.

Damn!

...into the light of a dark black night.