User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

considering iPod mini...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
considering iPod mini...
Mr. X

2004-12-30, 23:36

Well, I wasn't planning on spending the extra money I'm saving (from buying RAM at crucial.com), but I'm close to just breaking down and buying an iPod mini. I have had the original 5G iPod (w/ scroll wheel) since it was released...and there's no way I'm going to even bother with trying to get it to work with my new iBook (which I just ordered).

The biggest reason why I could really use an iPod mini? The gym. I love the fact that Apple sells an arm band that allows you to run and work out conveniently with an iPod. My question is: How well does the arm band work? I will kind of miss not having album titles listed while listening to tracks, but it's worth the sacrifice to have a smaller iPod for working out...

If I can comfortably have the iPod mini on my arm where I won't notice it while running/working out, then I think I'll make this one last purchase. Otherwise, I'll continue to save and just deal with the frustration of not having music during workouts...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-30, 23:44

Well I would suggest that you wait another week-and-a-half to see what MWSF brings...to see if these flash iPod rumors pan out. You might get something that holds several hundred songs (enough for any workout) for quite a bit less than $249?

Might be even smaller, lighter and more comfortable for exercise?

In any case, you'd be nuts to buy anything like that right now, this close to Macworld.

Besides that flash thing, seems there's lots of talk - from sites that are usually more right than wrong - about the iPod mini getting a 1GB jump to 5GB (which would perfectly match your 1G old iPod, right?

Wait...it's only January 11.

Mr. X

2004-12-30, 23:53

Ahh...well if there's a chance an updated iPod mini could come out in a week and a half, I guess I'll just wait for MWSF.