Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

pscates is a fu**er, and you suck, Luca

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
pscates is a fu**er, and you suck, Luca
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-12-30, 12:02

I found this last night and it's a hoot.

http://www.specwhore.com/index.php

It's just up from the bottom of the page. A little blurb dedicated to AppleNova, and specifically, pscates and Luca.

I forgot to post this last night, but was reminded of it again this morning after reading pscates post his trademarked "SpecWhore" thingy.

Can you just feel the love?

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-30, 12:10

The guy's a little tense. Never heard of his site (honestly, why would I?). He could settle down a bit, but if he thinks I took his word I could certainly understand his anger. It's important, these things.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-30, 12:15

Quote:
has nothing to do with Mac's you elitest fuck.
He spelled "elitist" wrong. Unless that's some cool new way to spell it? Might be.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-12-30, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
He spelled "elitist" wrong. Unless that's some cool new way to spell it? Might be.

ha, i see his site being added to right now....

"and now that elitist f@ck at applenova is correcting my spelling....@#%%^@ him, what does he think he is, my mom?"

who is likely downstairs and pays for his computer and internet access and prays almost everynight that he comes out of his room and finally dates a real girl and not some "girl" on the internet who is really a 46 year old man

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-12-30, 12:36

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Look at the number of comments his stories get, and how busy the forums there are... I think dude is pretty much talking to himself over there.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-30, 12:44

Who does this idiot think he is, Maddox?

To make matters worse, he's a PC apologist it seems. A true spec whore would never use a Mac. Too "idiot friendly".

I mean, if you can't edit your .ini files in your sleep and smash three instances of spyware, virii and video driver incompatibilities a day, you're just an idiot. God forbid anyone seek a computing platform more or less devoid of malware, with simple and *reliable* means of installing or completely uninstalling software, a user-friendly GUI, and one which doesn't crash "only three times this week".

Moron.

BTW:
Funneh ™

and

Funneher ™

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2004-12-30 at 12:51.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-12-30, 12:48

The most despicable thing is that he just attacked the two of us at a place where there was absolutely no way to defend ourselves. Then again, I doubt anyone read it because his site sucks.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-12-30, 12:49

at least he managed to get his domain name above our forums posts, that's something.

however, a real specwhore wouldn't really care about "credit". what a dumb cunt.

although, spec whore still outranks his site. as for why it would have to be one word or else you're uneducated, what a dipshit.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-30, 13:03

Did he attack me? I never saw "pscates" mentioned (just scanned it briefly, honestly). Or was it more me by inference/association (the word and all)?

Well, anyway...he's got alcimedes, thegelding, Moogs and others to lay into now if he wants...I haven't said anything too mean (other than point out a typo).

Good luck with that, fellas. Hope things don't get TOO nasty!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-30, 13:08

Bah. I don't have the energy to argue with someone about what is an isn't a spec whore. By the way did anyone notice the ultra-hip use of the word "continua" on his site? That's one bad-ass word if you ask me.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-12-30, 13:35

OMG Moogs, thanks for the link to Maddox's U2 thing! I checked up on his site a few days ago and saw the Ben Stiller article, but that U2 one must be really new.

I think you and murbot and I can all agree that Maddox rocks for writing that article.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2004-12-30, 13:40

specwhore.com: proof that any schizophrenic monkey with Tourette's Syndrome and a broken spell-checker can make a website.

Well *DONE*, my man! Way to overcome your disabilities! My hat is off to you, you've done amazingly well considering your obvious limitations. Kudos.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-12-30, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
specwhore.com: proof that any schizophrenic monkey with Tourette's Syndrome and a broken spell-checker can make a website.
Ouch!!
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-12-30, 14:01

Just read the article by Maddox, pretty funny stuff. I especially liked:

"I used to think nicknames like 'The Edge' and 'Spike' were cool, until I turned 12."

murbot
Hoonigan

2004-12-30, 14:09

That U2 article is HILARIOUS!! I'm sending that URL to a few total U2 fanboys I know. Genius.

I also love that jerking off logo of his;

Thanks for the hookup, Moogs. I love that site. He just updates it so little that I always miss the new stuff...
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-30, 14:43

Don't mention it, lads. I would've been derelict in my duties, had I not mentioned it. The BFD graphic almost made me fall out of my chair....

Paul
Veteran Member

2004-12-30, 18:37

how the fuck did you find this?
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-30, 19:40

Who Maddox? The guy is legendary... I just go to his site every couple of months to see if there's a new article posted.
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-12-30, 19:59

hah, no not the best page in the universe. the original link that murbot had...
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-12-31, 01:49

Damn. I read that Maddox site at work today and nearly pissed myself laughing. Under no circumstance should one attempt to read that site in any sort of professional setting. Screw you Moogs.
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-12-31, 10:50

It was a nice comeback for him - honestly, the last update sucked major ass. This one more than made up for it thought.

Paul - I just plugged AppleNova into Google because I was curious to see how popular the place was, how much it was maybe being linked to or discussed on other sites. Just killing time the other day.

The funniest thing about this is that he's so upset, but didn't bother letting us know here, he just bitched about it in his blog. Well, it's basically a blog, looking at how busy the place is.

heh heh
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-31, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
Damn. I read that Maddox site at work today and nearly pissed myself laughing. Under no circumstance should one attempt to read that site in any sort of professional setting. Screw you Moogs.

Think nothing of it.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-31, 12:14

Tangent:

Mur / Brad / Jack: are we registered on dmoz.org? That's a big part of getting a good Google ranking.
specwhore

2005-01-14, 16:40

Good day everyone:

I did not expect to look at my stats and see hits coming from here, so here we go.

murbot: It appears that you understood that humor was involved. I originally noticed quite a large amount of traffic for google searches of "specwhore" and subsequently fewer hits for "spec whore" So I played the skip-trace game and found these forums. The orignal post by pscates was quite an intersting read. Interestingly enough he used "specwhore" more than "spec whore" and something tells me he did search for it and found "spec whore" to be far more obscure and as he stated "i dont think we coined the phrase..." fit the bill.

pscates: It was not about "Creative license" phrases, terms, conditions, wording, page rank, anger, or disgust. It was about humor. I honestly wanted to see if you searched for your names in google, and like lambs to the slaughter... To any effect, sorry I didnt use a spell checker, I didnt feel that it was warranted. Funny though, the only counter-argument posed is one about grammar and spelling. I did that a while ago also. Granted, I was 6 at the time, but ehh, to each his own. (please read as humor, not a personal attack) Re: Domain traffic. I average 2 gigs a week, most of which is to specwhore.com/temp/ and the subsequent laser directory. I really have no intention of promoting the domain. Its just a portal I use for email and the occasional update and random check of neat PHP/MySQL packages.

On a side note, I remember Luca saying something that was taken way out of context and recieved the "Hey Luca, you suck" comment. Though if you want to, I can clarify and add a notation of "PS: Pscates sucks" also

thegelding: No, not quite, just noticed the hits about an hour ago. And no, I most certainly do no live "in my parents cellar" I have quite a nice house.

Moogs: PC apologist? Hardly. I use a PC, I quite like them and my abilities to work with them. Different flavors of of operating systems are suited for different people. Which brings me to another point: I dont believe you understand the terms here. By definition: You use a PC and I use a PC. The difference is the hardware loadout and operating system in question. In my experience the number of windows idiots to mac idiots is roughly the same ratio. In your defence, OSX was a wonderful platform that combined all the power of a *nix system with the ease of configuration Mac has made quite a lot of money on.

Anyone who knows the platform through and through can be good at it, nor am I going to blatantly tag someone as a Mac-head or PC-apologist based on simple observation of their preference or written "stance" on/for/against a loadout.

Luca: You still suck. In defence of yourself? What? I dont remember recieving an email or a comment to that form stating your indifference to my post. Nor do I remember an invite to discuss anything. How can you say that I am accountable for your ability to defend yourself when this is the first time I have heard dissonance? Send me an email next time, post in the comments box. The post was in jest. Get over yourself, you are not that important.

Kickaha: Very well done. Humor in, humor out. Thats all this is.

Thanks for your time. My name is Robert by the way. Email is always appreciated.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-14, 16:49

Hello!

I am still a bit confused as to what the big deal is. How did this start again? Somehow, Robert here got offended by something I said a few months ago and made a post on his blog about how I suck. So in response I posted a comment defending myself. Is this still an issue? It seems like it took place an awfully long time ago and I still am not sure quite what's going on. I don't think it matters either.

Anyway, based on my comments here and the comment I posted at your blog, I don't see how you can still be angry at me when I don't even have a clue why. What am I supposed to do?
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-01-14, 18:24

I miss Usenet. Ah, the good old days when flamefests were flamefests and asbestos underwear was standard issue.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-14, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
I miss Usenet. Ah, the good old days when flamefests were flamefests and asbestos underwear was standard issue.
<homestar runner>
What?
</homestar runner>
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2005-01-15, 02:36

Spec-whore, Glory-whore, Mac-whore, Rumor-whore, Moderator-whore... in the end we are all whores, one way or another...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-15, 02:58

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-01-15, 08:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by specwhore
pscates: It was not about "Creative license" phrases, terms, conditions, wording, page rank, anger, or disgust. It was about humor. I honestly wanted to see if you searched for your names in google, and like lambs to the slaughter... To any effect, sorry I didnt use a spell checker, I didnt feel that it was warranted. Funny though, the only counter-argument posed is one about grammar and spelling. I did that a while ago also. Granted, I was 6 at the time, but ehh, to each his own. (please read as humor, not a personal attack) Re: Domain traffic. I average 2 gigs a week, most of which is to specwhore.com/temp/ and the subsequent laser directory. I really have no intention of promoting the domain. Its just a portal I use for email and the occasional update and random check of neat PHP/MySQL packages.
I didn't know about your site and the whole thing until murbot pointed it out in this thread. I don't do the google name search thing, so that's not even how I found out. I saw murbot's thread title, with me referred to as a "f***er", so I just HAD to see what was going on.

I never said anything bad anyway. I don't care.