AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

[request] WWDC 2005 Keynote download link

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
[request] WWDC 2005 Keynote download link
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Unbeliever

Send a message via AIM to Unbeliever  
2005-06-07, 05:26

I`m on dial up and i`d rather go to a net cafee, download & burn the keynote so i could watch it at home in good quality than (without success) trying to watch the stream.

If anyone has the download link i`d really appreciate it (if you have it on your serv and don`t want to to post the link publically, i`d apreciate the PM)

Thanks in advance

pscates2.0 fan!

Proud owner of a Core2Duo 20" iMac :)
digitaldave

2005-06-07, 05:39

I'd love a download link too if anyone has it. I was planning on downloading and watching it at work (during my lunch break of course ), as our firewall won't let the stream through . If not, I'lll just wait untill I get home and watch it there.

Thanks .
ppolitop

2005-06-07, 06:49

I would like it too!

If you find it guys tell me...

the doc
Unbeliever

2005-06-07, 09:07

anyone?

(sory for bumping the thread but i need my dose of RDF to make me feel better about the CPU switch )

Last edited by Unbeliever : 2005-06-07 at 09:18.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2005-06-07, 09:11

Here too please...

The stream just doesn't work out here in the third world!! (Even with my '2Meg' connection!)
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-06-07, 09:28

Yeah - the streaming still sucks
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2005-06-07, 09:37

If the stream causes QuickTime/Safari to crash after about 12 or 13 seconds, you are accessing the reduced bandwidth option. I think this stream is corrupted (QuickTime shouldn't crash merely because it isn't getting data). I found that QuickTime resorted to this stream despite using a fast connection (when QuickTime bandwidth preferences were set to Automatic). However, if you manually select a higher bandwidth option in QuickTime preferences your computer will access the higher bandwidth H.264 stream, and thankfully, this one doesn't hang after 12 seconds.

So, especially if you have a fast connection, you should try setting your bandwidth preferences to T1 before viewing the stream.

As for a download option, I have no idea why Apple doesn't offer this directly, and also no idea where one could in fact find one.
Unbeliever

2005-06-07, 09:47

as much as i`d like to do that, i`m on 56K and unless you know a trick how to do it, there's no way i would be able to watch a T1 stream

pscates2.0 fan!

Proud owner of a Core2Duo 20" iMac :)
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2005-06-07, 10:35

Sorry Unbeliever, I guess I was aiming that idea at people like scratt. Can't say I've found a tip to give T1 properties to dial-up. If I do, you'll be the first I'll notify...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-07, 12:13

Open VLC. (be sure you have the latest version)
File -> Open Network.
Select HTTP/FTP/MMS/RTSP.
Set URL to: rtsp://a2047.v1408b.c1408.g.vq.akama...2c_pt2_650.mov
Check Advanced output.
Click Settings.
Click Browse, choose a save location.
Set Encapsulation method to QuickTime.
Cleck Play locally if you want to watch while it downloads.
Click OK.
Click OK.
Wait an hour.

Unfortunately, we can only capture the MPEG4 stream because VLC does not yet seem to support H264 playback.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Jerman

2005-06-07, 13:02

Sweet, just started it, will see if it worked in an hour... I did get an error, something about demuxing the stream and it being supported or something, but I suppose it won't be a problem. Hopefully someone can nab the H264 stream at some point...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-07, 13:15

Well, I just finished downloading my copy of the stream and it works exactly as you would expect a regular MOV file should. The resulting file I got is 191.6 MB.

One tip, though. At the end of the stream, VLC will look like its still playing, but of course the video and audio will have ceased. Press the stop button and VLC will close the stream and save it to the file. You may see the buttons in the controller blink for a few seconds while it's processing; that's perfectly normal.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Jerman

2005-06-07, 13:30

Hey Brad, I am over halfway on mine now. For some reason my filesize is only about 13 megs so far. Am I getting just the audio or something? If so I have no clue why.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-07, 13:32

Did you use the exact URL I provided? If you use the one from Apple's site, it'll try to get the H.264 version and, as I said above, will not be able to process the video stream.

Jerman

2005-06-07, 13:33

Well, just stopped it as I don't see how it would be anything I would want to keep at that size. Is there any way to force it to take the highest quality mpeg4 stream? Thanks.
Jerman

2005-06-07, 13:35

I did use the link you provided exactly.
Jerman

2005-06-07, 14:02

Okay, restarted and here is the error that comes up:

main: cannot add a new stream (unsuported while muxing for this format)
main: cannot create packetizer output

I am supposing that is just normal. At exactly 1 minute into the stream, the file weighs in at only 480k. I wonder if it is choosing the lowest quality server, but of course I cannot preview it before it finishes. Perhaps someone will post a torrent or something at some point. Awesome find either way, though, Brad. Had no clue VLC could do this, and have been trying to figure out a way to save streaming quicktime for years.
Jerman

2005-06-07, 15:07

Mine finished and weighed in at 28.6 megs. Wouldn't open in Quicktime. Opened in VLC and it was the audio only... I bet it was the h.264 stream. Kind of puzzling because I did use the correct link. On another note, I did have to disable my firewall to get it to work... Will post here if I figure out what is going on.
Jerman

2005-06-07, 15:15

Okay, I am officially an idiot. It didn't occur to me to use the new beta version of VLC. I had run into problems with the latest beta in Tiger, of it randomly crashing when playing files, and had reverted back to the latest final release. Just copied VLC from the beta's dmg file, captured 30 seconds, and the output was already at 1 megabyte. Sorry for all of the posts on this, but I now know what was going on. Thanks!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-07, 15:24

That's why I said, "be sure you have the latest version." I guess I should've been clearer about which latest version, though.

I'm glad you got it working now.

flail

2005-06-07, 16:21

Something isn't going right... I'm getting:

livedotcom: PLAY failed No RTSP session is currently in progress

main: no suitable access module for `rtsp://a2047.v1408b.c1408.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1408/1_pt2_650/1a1a1ae151c12d92fd62db49 b82c91bf23920977e352b31745a61172df40a9d73aa9164576 aada12/wwdc_2005_2c_pt2_650.mov'

Damn, I'm really stupid or something, Brad, I thought I did everything like you said.

Jerman

2005-06-07, 16:34

Could it have something to do with a firewall, flail? I had to turn mine off to get it to work. Also, I just finished downloading it, it is 190.3 megs. However, the audio is severely off, so I think I am going to try yet again... Grr...
scratt
Veteran Member

2005-06-08, 02:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
That's why I said, "be sure you have the latest version." I guess I should've been clearer about which latest version, though.

I'm glad you got it working now.
Yes.. Goddamit! The Beta is not the first one that springs to mind, nor is it the easiest to find!!

I guess I will go and try again now!!! Thanks for the 'Hot Tip' Brad!!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-08, 02:31

Funny thing is... I didn't use the beta. I used the official 0.8.1 and it worked perfectly. Oh well, c'est la vie.
scratt
Veteran Member

2005-06-08, 02:35

Bummer!! And I thought that this *third* time I am downloading it it will work for sure!!

I get the 191(odd)MB file, but vlc just keeps giving errors with it and won't play it.
I've tried a whole host of things on it.. Even chucked it at MPlayer for a laugh, which chewed it around for about a minute and then bombed out into oblivion!

vlc - Keeps giving an mp4 related error!

Oh well.. I will try again....

I need my fix of the Steve reality distortion field!!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-08, 02:39

Did you try opening the resulting .mov file in, ya' know, QuickTime Player?
scratt
Veteran Member

2005-06-08, 02:45

Ahh wow!! I always wondered what QuickTime was for!!!

I will be in the office later and will PM you ftp info for a spare site of mine and we can host it there if you like...

Unbeliever

2005-06-08, 04:07

thanks scratt
Phoenix
formerly "trav"

2005-06-08, 04:32

Yeah that'd be great if that could happen. It's not working very well on my end either.
El Guardo

Send a message via AIM to El Guardo Send a message via MSN to El Guardo Send a message via Yahoo to El Guardo  
2005-06-08, 08:35

For those of you willing to ignore/overlook the contents of the copyright disclaimer at the beginning of the keynote, there's also a torrent available - just use the 'isohunt' search engine and plug in wwdc...