User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

iTMS is now at 100,000,000...so Apple can forget about that and start....

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iTMS is now at 100,000,000...so Apple can forget about that and start....
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-07-12, 01:05

working on showing us the new iMacs coming in Sept....

knew they wouldn't go into the iMac thing until they finished the iTMS give away...

but with that out of the way...will they show the iMac this week or next, or wait all the way to aug 31st??

a new AOI won't steal from PM or PB sales....

but if apple isn't showing it, could that be a hint that it is a mini tower?? that might steal PM sales

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2004-07-12, 01:09

The thing is with technologies like Xgrid being built in, Apple should be thinking less about cannibalization and more about how to get people to buy more and more Apple product. Hell Xgrid and Rendezvous mean nothing if I cannot affordably purchase more than one Mac without having a Krekorian sized bank account.
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2004-07-12, 01:11

And Apple where's my GD 4G iPod! :P
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-12, 01:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison
And Apple where's my GD 4G iPod! :P
Yes, lets talk about the iPod thing. I want one, NOW!
Bill M

2004-07-12, 02:23

Other than larger capacity and enhanced battery life, what would be your most desirable feature for the 4G iPod?
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-12, 02:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
Other than larger capacity and enhanced battery life, what would be your most desirable feature for the 4G iPod?
Smaller...lighter...cooler. All the things that tech goes through. As things get better they tend to get smaller and lighter. You give me an iPod mini sized iPod with 20gigs of storage (even with a similar or higher price) and I'll friggin orgasm and buy two.

Come waste your time with me
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-07-12, 04:57

What is the obsession with smaller is better? Maybe the iPod would be a little lighter, but is anyone really complaining about weight as a deciding factor between it and other players...aside from the iPod mini? How small do you want it...I remember the appeal of the iPod being that you didn't need a toothpick to push the buttons when it first came out.

I think the iPod is a good size...I could stand a little smaller...but I don't want it to become the iPod mini. iPod mini should be for girls and sports iPod is for those two want to carry all their songs with them.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-07-12, 07:31

Making it with the iPod mini clickwheel interface. The current touch sensitive button interface pales in comparisson to the mini.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-12, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
Making it with the iPod mini clickwheel interface. The current touch sensitive button interface pales in comparisson to the mini.
I think it's pretty much a given that this will happen. It doesn't get much cooler than that.

And as far as the "mini" obsession goes...I don't need it small, but we all know that's the way things tend to go in the tech world. Smaller, faster, better...I'm sure it won't get any bigger though.

thedustin

2004-07-12, 16:17

Do you guys (and gals) think tomorrow is our day for the 4G? July 13th, 2004, that is? I sure hope so.

_thedustin
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-12, 16:32

no. I can't imagine Apple debuting a huge new product like the iPod with just a small announcement on the website. They'll have a big event and hype it as much as possible. The iPod is their cash cow right now, they can't let a new revision come in quietly.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-07-12, 16:39

It will not happen soon, at least not until Apple can solve their overall distribution woes.
thedustin

2004-07-12, 20:42

I guess you guys are right. I just thought since they have all this publicity now, they would debut it. Oh well!

_thedustin
psgamer0921

2004-07-12, 20:47

Didn't they say that they would be announced in September? Why would they go against their own word and introduce them almost 2 months early?
Mass Appeal

2004-07-12, 21:44

Regarding the ultra slim wet dream of DMBand0026's. I come from a long line of eye sight challenged people. My 20G is just the right size for quick navigation while driving, any smaller and I'd wreck my shit for sure. Mabye this is less of a problem for others.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-12, 23:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgamer0921
Didn't they say that they would be announced in September? Why would they go against their own word and introduce them almost 2 months early?
I don't know. Maybe to offset the whole "going against their plan on the iMac" and introducing them almost two months late?

Balance, you know?

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-07-12 at 23:15.
Gizzer

2004-07-13, 03:50

Guys, I think you are forgetting that the iPod mini hasn't even been released globally yet (not until later this month).

There is NO WAY Apple would introduce a brand new iPod before this launch because, to the rest of the world the Mini IS the brand new iPod!

Oh, "Hi" by the way! This is my first post since ThinkSecret ditched the old forums.

Hope to be speaking to you all more soon!
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2004-07-13, 06:34

How about a Bluetooth remote for the 4G iPod!?!?
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-13, 08:34

I just want a superior control interface. I find it funny that they ditched the old system (touchwheel surrounded by mechanical buttons) in favor of the awful all-touch-sensitive control thing, only to then develop the iPod mini click wheel as a "solution" to the "problem" of the controls taking too much room on the iPod's face. The old button layout would have probably worked for the mini. But the click wheel IS a pretty cool idea... I'll have to try one out sometime.

20/40/60 GB iPods... superior iPod mini style controls... one or two flashy new features... same prices... August. That's what I think will happen. Being in August will give the kids and parents enough time to buy one before school starts (and believe me, I think next school year with be the Academic Year of the iPod), without stealing the thunder of the new iMac.

Speaking of the new iMac, although I would like for perhaps an ultra close-up shot of some component to be posted on Apple's front page saying something like "Coming soon...", I know it won't happen. It'll be shown at Paris and available for shipping shortly thereafter. Then, like the PowerBooks last year, it'll be listed as "shipping immediately" for a few days before demand completely overwhelms their supply, and they have to wait about six weeks before more people get them.