PDA

View Full Version : Buy Mini now or wait?


Joshua
2005-10-06, 20:59
Okay, in light of the well publicised(?) event next week on the 12th, should I wait to get my mini?

I'm waiting for the bump to 1.5 (eventhough it'll be a barely noticiable difference in performance)

But the BT, and Video upgrade is appealing to me. But I'm not willing to gamble to get of the 1.5's that are labeled as a 1.42.

So, what would YOU do?

Thanks in advance.

Luca
2005-10-06, 21:01
Wait until the update is official.

I can't imagine Apple would still be manufacturing 1.25/1.42 GHz minis anymore. The only logical reason to keep selling them would be to clear out their remaining inventory. Eventually, there won't be any of the old models left, and they'll make the official announcement.

turtle
2005-10-06, 21:01
Okay, in light of the well publicised(?) event next week on the 12th, should I wait to get my mini?

I'm waiting for the bump to 1.5 (eventhough it'll be a barely noticiable difference in performance)

But the BT, and Video upgrade is appealing to me. But I'm not willing to gamble to get of the 1.5's that are labeled as a 1.42.

So, what would YOU do?

Thanks in advance.
Is the money burning a hole that bad?

My thought is if you know there is an announcement coming in less than a week, why not wait so you know you'll get the upgrade? It's worth the upgrade for the video alone. Then add a faster HDD and you're in there.

Joshua
2005-10-06, 21:18
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Yes, it is burning a hole in my pocket :) I want this things soooo bad!! (and this is just a mini, imagine how I'll be early next year when I get my PB with my tax money :eek: )

Yes, I know I need to wait, but as you both know from the drama on the other thread, the 12th is looking to be a BIG EVENT, so I'm thinking it wont affect the mini all that much, ya know.

Thanks again

turtle
2005-10-06, 21:23
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Yes, it is burning a hole in my pocket :) I want this things soooo bad!! (and this is just a mini, imagine how I'll be early next year when I get my PB with my tax money :eek: )

Yes, I know I need to wait, but as you both know from the drama on the other thread, the 12th is looking to be a BIG EVENT, so I'm thinking it wont affect the mini all that much, ya know.

Thanks again
If you wanted, you could always head to a Apple Store and find out if they have any of the new ones in stock. I'm sure the staff knows. If they won't tell you then you can always play with theirs until the upgrade is announced.

Joshua
2005-10-06, 21:26
If you wanted, you could always head to a Apple Store and find out if they have any of the new ones in stock. I'm sure the staff knows.

I tried that, well actually I called, and they said they didn't know. :grumble:

If they won't tell you then you can always play with theirs until the upgrade is announced.

What do you mean?

turtle
2005-10-06, 21:31
I tried that, well actually I called, and they said they didn't know. :grumble:
That's beacuse they have to say that.

What do you mean?
Stand in the store and annoy them. ;)

Joshua
2005-10-06, 21:33
Ohhhhhhh,

I thought you meant take my external drive in and start importing my pics. :)

turtle
2005-10-06, 21:34
Ohhhhhhh,

I thought you meant take my external drive in and start importing my pics. :)
Well, you could do that too, but that might REALLY get their attention. I bet they'd tell you if they were new or not! :D

Mac+
2005-10-06, 21:37
You can chalk eochs up as a lucky winner in the mini sweepstakes. oh ... you know (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=10120) ;)

[EDIT] - I got distracted before posting and you found out already. :\

Joshua
2005-10-06, 21:42
You can chalk eochs up as a lucky winner in the mini sweepstakes. link (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=10120) ;)

Ya, I saw that, but I've never been that lucky.

I'm the guy who buys something and a week later they do a massive upgrade. I bought my 3G 20GB iPod, LITERALLY the next week they released the 4G 40GB for the SAME price, WTF?!?! (luckily it was from BB and I got to return it)

So anyways, I might roll the dice this weekend, but my luck on the 12th they'll upgrade them to G5's (i know it wont happen but ya never know)