PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Label

bborofka
2004-07-22, 16:28
http://www.apple.com/itunes/musicmarketing/

Sounds interesting. Complete with hardware discounts and marketing promotions. Seems like a great idea for new artists. Go from GarageBand to iTMS with ease. I wonder how much you would get for each song?

Hopefully this is the first step towards making big, greedy record labels obsolete.

DMBand0026
2004-07-22, 17:03
This is the next step toward Apple computers being sued by Apple Records again. I hope this doesn't cause too big a problem. But I'm not optimistic.

However, this is an awesome idea. I like it even more because I have a band trying to make it. I'm gonna look into this.

alcimedes
2004-07-22, 17:07
already exists, moving to Apple Products.

Great idea though. I know some folks in garage bands that would kill for this stuff.

hmurchison
2004-07-22, 17:59
Oh this is just "hand holding" through the submittal process. Apple is in now way trying to be a Label here.

bborofka
2004-07-22, 18:32
Oh this is just "hand holding" through the submittal process. Apple is in now way trying to be a Label here.

On behalf of the entire iTunes team, welcome! As a signed iTunes Label, you have the potential to reach millions of music lovers.

and as I tried to post this...

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

MacUsers
2004-07-22, 19:26
Pretty cool if you ask me...

hmurchison
2004-07-22, 22:28
Labels are who sign the paychecks for artists. Until you see U2 on Apples payroll they're not a Label.

Wrao
2004-07-22, 22:35
hmm, this looks more like a webpage for indie labels to sign up with apple....

Mac+
2004-07-22, 22:58
pretty interesting idea - wouldn't Apple make something out of this... or are they just banking on extra traffic to the iTMS? (thereby increasing the volume of small margin they make on each sale)

Anyway, SJ and the team are certainly milking the internet/music thing for all it is worth. ;)

...the medium is the message.