PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!

Crusader
2004-07-22, 17:44
I wish to thank everyone here (mods included) for keeping AO a nice, lighthearted place. I just went to AI:AO. Wow it's crazy. It's like the worst barfight ever. Here it's more like a bunch of cool people layin back in leather chairs sipping a light beer having a good time. Thank you.

P.S. I always missed some of the old AI ppl, but I hope I will never see some of those ppl from AI:AO over here.

DMBand0026
2004-07-22, 17:47
I agree...

<looks over at .com, sees several fist fights, fires burning, total darkness, and "fingers on the button">

<looks at .org (or AN :no: ) sees flowers, beer, chips & dip, and about 12 people hitting on carol>

Great work everyone. I'm proud that we've kept this place from becoming the scum hole of the internet ala AO at .com.

psmith2.0
2004-07-22, 17:52
<looks at .org (or AN :no: ) sees flowers, beer, chips & dip, and about 12 people hitting on carol>

She brings that stuff on herself, talking about her nighties and/or sleeping in her birthday suit and whatnot. ;)

But I certainly do agree with the main point of this thread...

Night and day. Hell, not even night and day. A sunny day with a breeze and flowers and a night of broken bottles, some asshole climbing through my window and another one taking a piss on my porch.

:err:

They can have it...

curiousuburb
2004-07-22, 18:47
I wish to thank everyone here (mods included) for keeping AO a nice, lighthearted place. I just went to AI:AO. Wow it's crazy. It's like the worst barfight ever. Here it's more like a bunch of cool people layin back in leather chairs sipping a light beer having a good time. Thank you.

P.S. I always missed some of the old AI ppl, but I hope I will never see some of those ppl from AI:AO over here.

Change light beer to gin & tonic on a hot day or good scotch after dark and I'm in.

Although I sipped a pretty smooth mohito the other day...

SKMDC
2004-07-22, 19:24
the trouble boys don't come here, that's why.
but i admit to liking it and going back and looking in on the old gang. i don't know why everyone got their undies in a bundle about AO. it's good to get the heart pumping vis a vis righteous indignation. it's only words. relax.

Moogs
2004-07-22, 19:34
Behold, the power of Aldo Nova Forums is upon you... and it is good!

:smokey:

Chinney
2004-07-22, 20:21
Change light beer to gin & tonic on a hot day or good scotch after dark and I'm in.

Although I sipped a pretty smooth mohito the other day...

Ahh, mohito (mojito?). No better mixed drink. I had the opportunity to have one (actually quite a few more than one) in Havana - its city of origin, I believe - last spring, on a surprise extended weekend getaway for my wife on the occaison of her 40th. They take their mojito's seriously there - there is some controversy over which bar serves the best.

Great drink. Fascinating city. Wonderful lady.

Oh yeah...really good web forum too. ;) Thanks. :)

murbot
2004-07-22, 20:24
I love the new AO. It's like, hot love (http://homepage.mac.com/murbot/.Music/HotLove.mp3).

Go Aldo!

:lol:

InactionMan
2004-07-22, 20:28
"So let me make this clear, I've got milk coming out of my ears." Did I hear those lyrics right??? Dear God. :lol:

Wrao
2004-07-22, 20:33
This place is probably the best forum I know of, best looking, best user base, and best quagmire.

murbot
2004-07-22, 20:40
Uh, that's LOVE coming out of his ears.

You don't just stumble over lyrics like that, folks. That's talent.

:p

psmith2.0
2004-07-22, 20:46
Wouldn't it be funny as could be if we somehow managed to, in a roundabout way, re-ignite his career? :D

Stranger (and funnier) things have happened...

;)

If John Travolta can have 31 or so "comebacks"...

InactionMan
2004-07-22, 20:48
I listened to it over and over again, which wasn't fun, and I'm positive he's saying milk. I think it makes sense to, he's so desperate for Hot Love that is literally ejaculating out his ears. :err: :confused:

curiousuburb
2004-07-22, 22:06
http://www.the-cookie-cottage.com/images/AppleWelcome.JPG

Mac+
2004-07-22, 23:21
I love the new AO. It's like, hot love (http://homepage.mac.com/murbot/.Music/HotLove.mp3).

Go Aldo!

:lol:
That's the first I've ever heard of Aldo Nova - what a classic! :lol:

Moogs
2004-07-22, 23:23
Oh dear God... you must be one of the young-uns. That or one of the elders. Aldo was the band back in the early 80s. Did you know that "Fantasy" is the official anthem of the AN forums? That's right. Know the lyrics by Monday; there's a quiz.

:D

Mac+
2004-07-22, 23:25
Also, yes - thankyou to the mods and contributors to this forum for keeping it light hearted and enjoyable. It's been good to see taunting posts have been deleted and the place kept relatively troll free ... or bereft of aggressive antagonist behaviour anyway. Let's keep it this way! :)

drewprops
2004-07-22, 23:42
So, like, this is like the episode of News Radio when Jimmy James had the men's room done over in a clubhouse motif....leather chairs, scotch, brandy, cigars, fancy talk. It was all going great until Matthew actually went in and peed in one of the stalls. Everybody left the men's room in disgust, Matthew walked over and locked the door and started taking off his clothes to walk around naked.

Mac+
2004-07-22, 23:48
Oh dear God... you must be one of the young-uns. That or one of the elders. Aldo was the band back in the early 80s. Did you know that "Fantasy" is the official anthem of the AN forums? That's right. Know the lyrics by Monday; there's a quiz.

:DNot a young 'un - but I don't think Aldo had much of an impact in Australia. :\

Please post me a link to "Fantasy" (too lazy to look it up). I will learn the lyircs! ;)

As for cheesy performers from the early 80s, I am a big fan of this song (http://homepage.mac.com/ajsonego/listentothis/06%20Get%20Used%20To%20It.m4a) (even though it is from 1979) by Roger Voudouris! link (http://homepage.mac.com/ajsonego/lookatthis/roger_voudouris.jpg)

Now that is cheesy! :D

Windswept
2004-07-23, 15:34
She brings that stuff on herself, talking about her nighties and/or sleeping in her birthday suit and whatnot. ;)

Okay, scates, see if I ever flirt with YOU again!!! :p:p:p

( :lol: )

And I imagine millions and millions of people sleep that way. Right? Granted, they don't mention it *here*. But this IS a place of 'communication', and the thread 'was' about the topic of sleeping. And not too many people wake up with a police officer in their bedroom, so I thought the situation and its details were worth mentioning, etc. :p

However, rest assured, not ONE word of personal info will *ever* pass my lips again on this board. I will be like a silent lurker...hovering around the periphery, shy, unobtrusive, inarticulate. And absolutely NO more flirting! (has poker face and fingers crossed behind back)

So there! Happy now?

( ;) )

(just kidding) :) :p

Luca
2004-07-23, 15:44
I sleep naked BTW.

Whoa, I can feel the temperature of this thread rising already! ;)

Moogs
2004-07-23, 15:50
Don't get any on your keyboard Luca....

SKMDC
2004-07-23, 16:19
Wouldn't it be funny as could be if we somehow managed to, in a roundabout way, re-ignite his career? :D

NO NO NO NO!!!!!

psmith2.0
2004-07-23, 17:02
Carol, you're fine just the way you is...

Windswept
2004-07-23, 17:17
Carol, you're fine just the way you is...

*kiss*

;)

Moogs
2004-07-23, 17:31
Awwww. Ain't that sweet. Paul you lucky dog you....

Barto
2004-07-23, 22:05
I tried to sleep naked once but I wasn't comfortable. I sleep in old shorts. When shorts outlive their usefulness in the daytime, they become my night-time wear.

Is that weird?

Barto

curiousuburb
2004-07-23, 23:14
It is if they're nylon or disco shorts from the 80's.

DMBand0026
2004-07-24, 03:14
I tried to sleep naked once but I wasn't comfortable. I sleep in old shorts. When shorts outlive their usefulness in the daytime, they become my night-time wear.

Is that weird?

Barto

Not weird at all. That's what I do. Always a pair of boxers or old shorts, nothing more. If I try to wear anything else it just gets annoying and I can't sleep.