PDA

View Full Version : iBook from Amazon?

CMKoehler
2005-11-03, 10:46
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for awhile and decided to join. I am going to buy an iBook 12'' for Christmas, and saw that Amazon offers a $100 mail-in-rebate. I am still a college student, so I am eligible for the student discount from Apple, which is less than the $100 rebate. Plus, I heard (not sure) that I won't be charged any sales tax here in Oklahoma when I order from Amazon; I don't know about the Apple online store/retail store.

What do you guys advise I do?

Thanks!

Christoph

The Grim
2005-11-03, 12:12
I am thinking about buying iBook 12" or 14" or powerbook 12"or15". I have been look at amazon for awhile now and I think it is better deal than Apple. $100 rebate with no tax is cheaper than Apple, and $30 off if you apply for amazon visa card with 3*point collecting. I have amazon visa and if I buy iBook at 999 I will get almost 3000 point which equal $30. :lol: I still have to design which one I am I going to get. I want to get 12", but iBook is under power and 12" powerbook is the red hair stepchild in the family.

CMKoehler
2005-11-03, 13:10
That's what I was thinking, too.
Any objections to that? I will still get AppleCare and all the good stuff, right?
So it's pretty much the same as if I had ordered it at the official Apple Store?

torifile
2005-11-03, 13:24
That's what I was thinking, too.
Any objections to that? I will still get AppleCare and all the good stuff, right?
So it's pretty much the same as if I had ordered it at the official Apple Store?
Exactly the same. No tax + $100 rebate from amazon makes it a no-brainer way to go.

The Grim
2005-11-03, 13:45
I have 1.57% off from Amazon because I use A9.com regularly. Another $15 off for me. Every penny count around this time of the year. I will take a look at Apple store Nov 25 because Apple always has a promotion on black Friday. Do not know what going to be this year? :lol:

MacMan05
2005-11-03, 14:39
Go for Amazon. It's a better deal!

CMKoehler
2005-11-03, 16:00
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I will probably buy it this weekend, since the rebate expires then.
You can keep the comments coming though!