PDA

View Full Version : Icon not showing in Finder Sidebar

Koodari
2004-07-24, 09:28
Hello,

I started experimenting with icon changes for the first time, and stumbled on a problem.

I keep a lot of my data in Users/Shared folder, so I have that in the Finder sidebar. Wishing to differentiate it from temporary folders I also put in the Sidebar, I changed its icon. The new icon shows everywhere in the Finder, title bar and the browser, even in the toolbar if I drag it there - but not in the Sidebar, where I want it to be. When I changed the icon, the Sidebar Shared folder flashed the new icon just a fraction of a second, then went back to looking like a folder.

Any way to fix this?

Luca
2004-07-24, 11:50
Drag it out and back in? Restart? Or did you already try those? If those didn't work I have no idea.

Koodari
2004-08-03, 08:19
Found something. (http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/articles/defaults_10-3-x.php)

I'll try this out and let you guys know if it works.

Koodari
2004-09-07, 12:16
I happened upon this old thread, and decided to post because the problem indeed got fixed.

Not with the info behind the above link though. That stuff is not necessary, or useful, for changing the user icon.

I left the new icon in place, and at some point it just showed. Curiously, I think it might *not* have been after the first restart, but later (not 100% sure about this). A caching bug, I think, but a weird one if the effects did indeed last beyond restart.

Gargoyle
2004-09-07, 14:26
Sometimes my sidebar desktop icon changes to a normal folder. After trying to fix this a few times, without success, I decided just to leave it. Its back to normal now.