PDA

View Full Version : Best Price for Adobe CS2 Standard/Premium?

Mr Ten
2005-11-26, 20:12
I'd settle for the standard package but since the prices are so close, I'd prefer the premium CS2 family. I'm about to just settle and get the $1200 retail package, having not seen any cheap deals on prior versions of CS, enough to buy the cs2 upgrade.

Any purchasing advice, online or in store methods? Best price ranges you've seen? Buy the suite or all separate? Thoughts? I'm not into pirating anything, just want to get myself a legitimate copy, thanks.

screensaver400
2005-11-26, 20:17
Any chance of Education pricing?

Mr Ten
2005-11-26, 20:42
Any chance of Education pricing?

i checked through that online but it didn't show a different price

torifile
2005-11-26, 23:09
Do you work at a university? You may be able to score one through a site license program. Here at Duke, we have a site license so it only cost me $206 for the media and a license. Of course, that has the typical education restrictions of "not for commercial use, etc." but since I work at the university, I'm ok in that respect.

iDaver
2005-11-26, 23:11
i checked through that online but it didn't show a different price
Education pricing on CS is definitely cheaper, about one third of regular retail. Of course you'll need to be a legitimate education buyer (and for any future upgrades as well). There are notes on the Adobe site regarding upgrading to the full commercial version when you leave school.

edit: link
http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/education_pricing.html

screensaver400
2005-11-27, 14:06
For the link-lazy, Adobe CS2 for the Mac is $399 with Edu pricing. As Torifile said, you may be able to get it cheaper from your university (if you are at one, of course).

Remember, though, that if someone buys an Edu license and isn't qualified, you're still breaking the EULA. While maybe not quite as bad as just finding a torrent, it's certainly not legit.