PDA

View Full Version : Roku Soundbridge vs. Slim Design Squeezebox?

ezkcdude
2005-11-28, 00:15
I'm trying to decide on a Wi-fi digital music player. Does anyone have experience with either of these? They appear to be the top two contenders.

sonichart
2005-11-28, 12:31
I have the Roku Soundbridge and can tell you I couldn't be happier with it. The SqueezeBox looks pretty cool, but why is it so damn big? I wouldn't be able to use the Squeezebox because of its height alone. The Roku tube is design is perfect-- a big bright display-- easily sits atop any of my components and works seamlesslely with iTunes.

I have only ONE complaint about the Roku box and I don't know that there is anything that can be done.

There is a web-interface for the Roku box that allows you to track forward/backward, adjust volume, etc.. but you cannot select a new album/playlist/artist. I used to have a Turtlebeach AudioTron (which doesn't integrate nicely with iTunes) but the web interface was much more robust.

I almost bought another Roku box for a second location in my home, but I decided to utilize my HomeTheater PC as an iTunes Client instead.

Get the Roku Box you won't be disappointed.

Maciej
2005-11-28, 15:00
I know for sure the Roku doesn't play Protected AAC files from the iTunes store, I'm not sure whether this is the case or not with the squeezebox.

ezkcdude
2005-11-30, 13:56
I ordered the new Squeezebox. I'll report back here with a short review after I've played with it for a few weeks.