PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Apple power adaptor plugs?

redmonkeydemon
2005-12-02, 09:02
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm moving to Canada from the UK in a week and I'm bringing all of my Apple stuff with me, naturally. I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can buy new plugs for my power adaptors, iPod chargers and Airport Express. I know that Apple do a world traveller's kit, but I only need the North American plugs, and I need about 5 of them. I also know that I could use any figure-8 plug cable, but I'd like to retain the "Appleness" of my stuff if I can.

Thanks for your help.

BlueRabbit
2005-12-02, 12:54
It'd probably be easiest to get a bunch of generic plug adaptors. It won't be as nice, but it will almost definitely be cheaper.

However, if you really want the Apple plugs, the only place I could think of would be an Apple Store's Genius Bar. They're sure to have some replacement plugs in there, and considering your situation might be willing to sell some to you.

micahgartman
2005-12-02, 13:58
PowerBook Parts has them for $19...
mg

http://www.pbparts.com/shop/wpap.html

Bryson
2005-12-02, 14:20
Redmonkeydemon - PM me. I bought all my Powerbook stuff in the US (and now live in the UK), and so have a bunch of the US plugs and not enough UK ones. Maybe we could trade? Not sure if I have 5. I'll go check.

redmonkeydemon
2005-12-02, 16:11
Thanks for the responses. I sent you a PM Bryson, thanks for the offer. If all else fails, I was going to try the one Canadian Apple store (thankfully I'm moving to Toronto)... $19 seems a bit steep, but thanks for the link.

RMD