PDA

View Full Version : Which Apple Stores have you been to?

SledgeHammer
2004-05-17, 22:34
Just wondering which Apple stores people frequent.

Westfarms mall is the nearest one to my house, so I am there occaisionally (it's still about an hour away) King of Prussia Mall is only a few minutes from school so I am there a lot, and I've been to the Chestnut Hill store and the SoHo store, once each. I was at the Grand Opening (http://homepage.mac.com/speaktruth/) of the King of Prussia and Chestnut Hill stores.

hyperb0le
2004-05-17, 22:38
I frequent the Lenox Mall (Atlanta) and North Point Mall (Atlanta) stores. I have also been to the one in Soho.

Tiger
2004-05-17, 22:39
Soho, Oakbrook, Woodfield, North Michigan Avenue (in the opening incl), Old Orchard (was the first customer in there).

Wickers
2004-05-17, 22:55
None! None at all!

Apple, build a store in CANADA dammit! A Toronto location! OMG!

Joelika
2004-05-17, 23:01
I've visited the store in King Of Prussia in PA. It's pretty small, but cool to see the layout none the less.

FFL
2004-05-17, 23:38
Let's see...
I've been to:

International Plaza (Tampa)
Tyson's Corner (VA)
The Falls (Miami)
Palo Alto (CA)
Valley Fair (Santa Clara CA)
Wellington (W. Palm Beach FL)
Boca Raton (FL)
Aventura (FL)

and spent a whole lotta time at one of those in particular
;)

applenut
2004-05-17, 23:47
Westchester
Long Island
SOHO
King of Prussia
Oldtown Pasadena
Walnut Creek
San Francisco
Palo Alto
Santa Monica
Emeryville
West Nyack

Ebby
2004-05-18, 00:04
I've been to opening day at walnut creek, visited Valley Fair, and drove past Palo Alto (looked nice) while trying to find a rave. :cool:

Luca
2004-05-18, 00:56
Only the Mall Of America one. I think it's dumb that they have one every four miles in California, and then they don't have ANY in quite a few states in the Midwest. But I guess that's how it goes.

torifile
2004-05-18, 01:30
Lenox Mall was my first
Chicago (the one on Michigan Ave.)
Southpoint Mall in Durham

I think that's it.

DMBand0026
2004-05-18, 02:49
Chicago
Woodfield
Oak Brook
Old Orchard

I'm a Chicago guy, I stay close to home.

Eugene
2004-05-18, 03:21
Palo Alto, CA - University Avenue
Santa Clara, CA - Valley Fair
Emeryville, CA - Bay Street
Burlingame, CA - Burlingame Avenue
San Francisco, CA - "One Stockton Street"

"oakland's concrete monstrosity." LOL

SilentEchoes
2004-05-18, 03:55
Buffalo NY and San Jose CA. Nice stores. I love em. They even offered me free bottled water one time I was in there.

k squared
2004-05-18, 07:22
The Falls in Miami. There're two here, but I've only been to one of them.

thuh Freak
2004-05-18, 07:40
soho

psmith2.0
2004-05-18, 08:22
Glendale, CA
Newport Beach, CA
Fashion Valley, CA
Atlanta, GA
Alpharetta, GA (it's a smaller version, with a slightly different layout than the others I've visited: it's much more narrow, Genius Bar is halfway back on the right, check-out registers are in the back, no free-standing software racks because software is on tall wall shelves to left and right of check-out registers in rear of store, no huge movie/theater area but there are large LCD monitors above the Genius Bar showing looping promos, no big window displays - no room! - and a smaller, tighter hardware selection; every product is represented, just not as much redundancy - say, 2-4 iMacs or iBooks instead of 6-8 -, etc. I kinda like this store, actually.)

thegelding
2004-05-18, 08:27
i hate you all....

none

fck

g

BrandonAllan
2004-05-18, 09:59
Durham, NC

It's about two hours away and I stopped there on a longer trip. They've since built one in Charlotte which is closer.

Tiger
2004-05-18, 11:54
Ups. I forgot some. I've been to Cincinnati and Columbus stores too ..

Messiahtosh
2004-05-18, 11:57
King of Prussia

McLean Virginia

iBrowse
2004-05-18, 12:11
I've only been to Buffalo, but I've been there a few times. I want to go to SoHo really bad.

torifile
2004-05-18, 12:20
Oh, I forgot that I went to the Albany store a couple years ago. I was on an interview and decided to check it out. I think it was my first. And I forgot her. :o

art jrk
2004-05-18, 12:56
Tyson's Corner (Bought my wife an iBook on opening day.)
Clarendon (I always get a parking spot in front. Much to the dismay of my coworkers)
Lenox Mall

HOM
2004-05-18, 13:12
Crossgates (Albany): I spent a lot of time there ;)
Palisades: Working the theater presentations on their opening day.
SoHo: Can't stand it. I only go to local retailers like J&R, Tekserve, or RCS.
Chestnut Hill: I had to pick up a car charger for my 3G iPod.

Akumulator
2004-05-18, 13:23
Only the Lenox Mall one.

autodata
2004-05-18, 14:03
Chicago - Michigan Ave

SledgeHammer
2004-05-18, 15:06
Glendale, CA
Newport Beach, CA
Fashion Valley, CA
Atlanta, GA
Alpharetta, GA (it's a smaller version, with a slightly different layout than the others I've visited: it's much more narrow, Genius Bar is halfway back on the right, check-out registers are in the back, no free-standing software racks because software is on tall wall shelves to left and right of check-out registers in rear of store, no huge movie/theater area but there are large LCD monitors above the Genius Bar showing looping promos, no big window displays - no room! - and a smaller, tighter hardware selection; every product is represented, just not as much redundancy - say, 2-4 iMacs or iBooks instead of 6-8 -, etc. I kinda like this store, actually.)I think that most, if not all, of the more recently opened stores have this layout (Except for the really big ones, of course). The original mall stores had the two rows of low software shelves down the middle, checkout counter up front, theater section in the back, etc. The Westfarms mall store (CT) is of this design. It was in the first round of stores to open (9/01 or so, I think). After a while they scaled down the size of the stores, to the layout you describe. The KoP mall store (PA) is of this design. It opened more recently (late '02). The Chestnut Hill mall store (MA) (opened early summer '03) is of still a different design. It is laid out mostly like the KoP-type store, but has a granite floor, not wood, and uses different tables for the merchandise.

Quagmire
2004-05-18, 17:27
Montgomery Mall ( went to grand opening)
Tysons Corner

That pretty much covers it.

HoTT RoDeR
2004-05-18, 18:02
I've been to 3...

The Falls, Miami
Wellington, West Palm Beach
Town Center, Boca Raton

All in South Florida

EDS66
2004-05-18, 18:21
Tyson's Corner
Clarendon
Montgomery Mall

Ryan
2004-05-18, 19:51
I've been to Emeryville and Walnut Creek.

And then I went to California Pizza Kitchen, as there is one next to both of those stores.

Eugene
2004-05-19, 02:11
I've been to Emeryville and Walnut Creek.

And then I went to California Pizza Kitchen, as there is one next to both of those stores.
This is no surprise, but there's a CPK about 1.5 blocks from the Palo Alto shop too.

Crusader
2004-05-19, 14:34
Tyson's Corner, the one in Towson, and I will soon be visiting the new Montgomery store :D

VOX BARBARA
2004-05-20, 02:37

:( none, pretty much sure you won't count online stores. ;)

seriously, i just can't await the very moment, they'll open a store in germany. well, just dreaming, since i heard they firstly will serve UK market, than, Japan, and then, perhaps Germany, who knows.

Does anybody has true insights about that ... er ... issue?

Ebby
2004-05-20, 20:01
Just went to the Palo Alto store today. From the inside it looked exactly like the one at Valley Fair.

This brings my total to three. :D

Luca
2004-05-20, 21:00
:( none, pretty much sure you won't count online stores. ;)

seriously, i just can't await the very moment, they'll open a store in germany. well, just dreaming, since i heard they firstly will serve UK market, than, Japan, and then, perhaps Germany, who knows.

Does anybody has true insights about that ... er ... issue?

Haven't you heard? Apple goes out of their way to serve their international customers! You should be lucky that they allow you to buy Macs at all there.

I doubt there will be any Apple stores anywhere other than the US for a LONG time. Canada and the UK, maybe in three years, if you're lucky. Japan? Maybe never. Germany, France, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands? No way!

:( I feel lucky to live in the US... Apple treats international customers like dirt.

HOM
2004-05-20, 21:17
Did I miss something? Doesn't Apple run one store in Japan now and is rumored to be opening a second one soon? Doesn't .com have a story about the location for the first UK store?
:confused:

Once you've been to one ARS, you've been to all of them. They come in three sizes:
Small = No theater, Genius Bar in the middle on the right.
Medium = Theater, Genius Bar in the back on the right.
Super Size = Seated theater, double sized Genius Bar.

Besides that they all carry the same software and the same peripherals.

Eugene
2004-05-21, 00:12
Once you've been to one ARS, you've been to all of them. They come in three sizes:
Small = No theater, Genius Bar in the middle on the right.
Medium = Theater, Genius Bar in the back on the right.
Super Size = Seated theater, double sized Genius Bar.
That's not completely true. Many have their own unique features.

The medium sized Walnut Creek store has leather seats for its theater instead of the wooden benches.

Many stores have unique features, especially the ones that are free-standing or built into historical buildings. The Palo Alto store was gutted, but most of the exterior had previously been there. The Burlingame store was built from the ground up and it features a very cool polished stone exterior in addition to a panoramic display window on the side. The Emeryville store has the brushed metal exterior.

MCQ
2004-05-21, 00:42
I've been to Orlando (Millennia), Miami (The Falls), and Milwaukee (Mayfair).

VOX BARBARA
2004-05-21, 03:39
:( I feel lucky to live in the US... Apple treats international customers like dirt.

Indeed, it is a real PROBLEM. There are so many faithful macpeople outside the U.S.. They deserve better, no?

EDS66
2004-05-22, 10:46

Westfarms mall is the nearest one to my house, so I am there occaisionally (it's still about an hour away) King of Prussia Mall is only a few minutes from school so I am there a lot, and I've been to the Chestnut Hill store and the SoHo store, once each. I was at the Grand Opening (http://homepage.mac.com/speaktruth/) of the King of Prussia and Chestnut Hill stores.

Posting from the Tyson's store now, from a 17-inch 1.5 GHz Powerbook. It's very fast.

Akumulator
2004-05-22, 22:41
I visited the North Point store for the first time today (in Alpharetta, GA) to get my copy of Unreal Tournament 2004. Ehhhh... it's not nearly as good as the Lenox Mall one.

eventhorizon
2004-05-23, 02:20
Just the one in the Northridge Mall. (San Fernando Valley, CA)

SledgeHammer
2004-06-10, 13:27
I can now add the Palisades Mall store to my list. I think that makes 5 for me.

bassplayinMacFiend
2004-06-10, 14:39
I was at the Grand Opening of Northshore and WestFarms (have T-shirts from both, I'm a geek :D ) and I bought my Alu15 from Chestnut Hill.

Xaqtly
2004-06-10, 17:35
There's 4 of them within 20 miles of where I live, but I've still only been to one... the first one (or, one of the first two). The Glendale Galleria store. I guess I never had a desire to go to the others because they're all pretty much the same, or at least they all have the same stuff in them.

ZO
2004-06-11, 05:26
I think the closest one is about 1000miles away... in NYC...

propellerhead
2004-06-20, 09:39
I think the closest one is about 1000miles away... in NYC... Aren't they opening one in London? I frequently go to the Houston Galleria store. It's always packed. Interestingly enough, I noticed a lot of teenagers who walked into the store simply because Apple, as a brand, is 'cool.'

Windswept
2004-06-20, 10:09
I thought the one in London opened last week?

propellerhead
2004-06-20, 10:11
I thought the one in London opened last week? That's what I thought. And given that ZO is in Paris, wouldn't the London Store be closer?

Windswept
2004-06-20, 10:26
That's what I thought.

And given that ZO is in Paris, wouldn't the London Store be closer?

Then again, maybe it hasn't (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=460) opened quite just yet. :\

ShiggyMiyamoto
2004-06-26, 16:47
Since I live in the CT-NY area I've been to the ones in:

White Plains, NY - in a mall called "The Westchester". It's pretty small compared to the one mentioned below...

New York, New York - in the SoHo area of Manhattan store (today I got myself a MarWare iPod case which I'm very happy with so far). It's in the building that used to be NY's post office. It's an awesome store! Visit it if you can and if you're in NYC! ^_^