PDA

View Full Version : Outage

LoCash
2004-08-03, 01:44
We unexpectedly had some issues moving the server today. The move took place while none of the admins here were able to supervise. As a result, we were down for an extended period whilst we ensured that all data from the old server was safely transferred to the new one. This has been completed as of the time of this posting. We apologise for the extended outage.

DMBand0026
2004-08-03, 01:50
Geez man. Never let that happen again. I actually had to go do stuff tonight instead of sitting here on my lazy worthless butt. Thanks a lot! Now I might have a social life. :grumble: :mad:

;)

FFL
2004-08-03, 01:53
Now I might have a social life. :grumble: :mad:

If you did, you wouldn't be posting 6 minutes after the forums came back on line :lol:

DMBand0026
2004-08-03, 01:57
If you did, you wouldn't be posting 6 minutes after the forums came back on line :lol:

Hey now! My girlfriend just went home...I really did do something tonight, I just happened to get back at a really convenient (or in this case a somewhat inconvenient) time.

Windswept
2004-08-03, 18:16
If the forums came back online just before midnight yesterday (my time), how come it took *me* most of Tuesday to finally get access? :grumble: :( :mad:

DMBand0026
2004-08-03, 19:35
Uhh, Carol...the door says push, not pull. That could explain a lot of your problems ;)

Kiddin :)

It might have something to do with the DNS troubles we've been having here.

LoCash
2004-08-03, 19:48
It probably has everything to do with the fact that your ISP had not updated their DNS records until today. It's been explained to death already :) Two separate physical machines. They both had separate unique IP addresses. Ergo... you get the idea.

Windswept
2004-08-03, 22:05
Well, excuuuuuuse me!!! :p :p :p

Hey now, DMBand, don't you get sassy, or I'll have to come up there and smack you around. ;)

Anyway, I had a very nice time over at AI/AO, meeting some new people and having some interesting conversations. So THERE!!! nyah, ny-ah, nyah, nyah!!!

:p :p :p

oldmacfan
2004-08-03, 23:45
Hey now! My girlfriend just went home...I really did do something tonight, I just happened to get back at a really convenient (or in this case a somewhat inconvenient) time.
Enjoying the weather?

Don't worry, once you get older sex will take longer...
Not that it will last longer...

DMBand0026
2004-08-03, 23:51
Enjoying the weather?

Don't worry, once you get older sex will take longer...
Not that it will last longer...

Crap it's raining like crazy here. It's unbelievable. Y'all are getting it that far south? Didn't know it was gonna hit you.

oldmacfan
2004-08-03, 23:58
Crap it's raining like crazy here. It's unbelievable. Y'all are getting it that far south? Didn't know it was gonna hit you.
I have some great 40 frame animated gif's of the storms approach.
wunderground.com is the best Fin I have spent in a long time.