PDA

View Full Version : Cocoa/Objective-C book

iGrant
2006-01-04, 14:41
Hey,

I am currently a software engineer right now and the university that I am at does not offer any classes on programming for the macintosh platform (of which I am both a user and an addict :lol: ). I have just recently bought two programming books that are kind of accomplishing what I want but they both assume you already know C of which I know nothing about really, except for the fact that you have to deal with the memory allocation unlike Java (I am not saying that is a bading thing :cool: ).

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you out there knows of a good book and or online tutorial that could possible teach me both Cocoa and C/Objective-C at the same time. I have written one program with Cocoa/Objective-C and I love Xcode, I really want to develop software for OS X, but I do not have the knowledge to develop the ideas that I have right now which is extremely frustrating :grumble: . If anyone here could direct me to a good website and or book that would teach me both that would be HIGHLY appreciated :D. Thank you so much!

-iGrant

Brad
2006-01-04, 14:54
Welcome to AppleNova, iGrant! :)

Please remember to search and browse the forum before creating new threads. On the next page of this forum is a thread answering this same question:

Learning Cocoa? (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=11354)

I'm closing this thread; please continue in the one linked above.