PDA

View Full Version : Disney PC - WinXP

Bill M
2004-08-05, 23:49
The Disney Dream Desk PC, available next week, will retail for about $899 including a Mickey Mouse shaped flat panel display. Will it fly? I am sure it will hurt some iMac sales to families with small kids due to the Disney brand and price. Although the following report also mentions the failed Mattel Barbie and Hot Wheels PCs, this thing might prove to be a hit. Read about it here:

http://news.com.com/PC+joins+the+Mickey+Mouse+club/2100-1042_3-5298419.html

I once hoped Apple/Pixar would eventually push some Disney branded iMacs with some of the latest movie characters (Nemo, Monsters, etc...), but I guess that will never happen now.

:\

Moogs
2004-08-06, 08:49
I am frankly glad that Apple didn't make ties with Disney. The quality of their vision and product has fallen so far so fast over the last 10-15 years that it's truly embarrassing. They mass-produce all these animated made-for-home movies, their theatrical movies are mostly crap (other than the occasional memorable stories like Pirates of the Carribean or Little Mermaid, etc.).

It's a brand I'd rather not have Apple be associated with. Much better to be associated with Pixar (which does a great job on all of their movies). There's still nothing stopping them from doing a Nemo-pod or whatever... IF little kids becomes an important market to them. Not sure it's the way to go, but it's certainly doable.

ast3r3x
2004-08-06, 09:27
It won't do well at all. It'll sell a couple thousand, but it's too novelty. Nobody looks at disney for a computer ;)