PDA

View Full Version : Googol may sue Google

Trumpetman
2004-05-18, 11:04
Very relevent (http://theinquirer.net/?article=15969)

Thought this might help out the discussion of the name issue. At a minimum it is interesting to consider.

Nick

audiopollution
2004-05-18, 11:33
Would be more relevent if we were posting at appolinsider.org ;)

I have to wonder why this suit was even brought forth.

Let me get ths straight, the mathematicians family is upset that a company is using a permutation of a widely used mathematic term? Did said mathematician trademark the word? If I called my company Brontosaurus Burger, would the guy who came up with the name for the dinosaur sue me?

Sour grapes, and a litigitatious country make for some stupid cases.

psmith2.0
2004-05-18, 12:14
If I called my company Brontosaurus Burger, would the guy who came up with the name for the dinosaur sue me?

No, but Hanna-Barbara might. :D

Luca
2004-05-18, 12:28
Next thing you know, theologians and priests will be suing Apple for their use of a biblical term. Or perhaps the originator of the term "How about them apples?" will come forward and sue Apple.

Or perhaps the Big Bang will sue Trumpetman and his dog lover :eek: ;)

DMBand0026
2004-05-18, 13:47
Everyone sues everyone for everything nowadays.
It's the dumbest thing ever.

So dumb, I wrote an entire paper about it. Maybe I'll post it, or host it for anyone who wants to see it. It's a good paper, it's mostly facts, but a lot of me making fun of people for being stupid. And (according to my english 102 teacher) it's 99/100 work :)

audiopollution
2004-05-18, 15:10
Maybe I'll post it, or host it for anyone who wants to see it.

Please do.

Crusader
2004-05-19, 17:20
We have a ridiculous amount of lawyers in this country (USA) now...

It's crazyness. People wonder why America's loosing it's edge. Duh! Our legal system is wack.

spotcatbug
2004-05-19, 19:04
We have a ridiculous amount of lawyers in this country (USA) now...How many? :D