PDA

View Full Version : ipod protective cover

shaggy101
2006-01-11, 17:18
i own a 5th gen 60 GB ipod and I need a cover for it. any suggestions? from what i hear the best one is the iskin evo3 at 35 bucks. are there any better ones?
also does anyone know of a car holder for the ipod that allows the ipod to fit into it with its case still on? i don't want to have to put the case back on every time i put it into the holder.
scott

jattila4
2006-01-11, 17:59
I have the Agent 18. I really like it a lot, I originally bought the iSkin eVo3, and after hearing other users opinions I decided to sell it in favor of the Agent 18, negitives of the iSkin were too bulky, you couldnt see any of the iPod surface (could be a positive for somepeople, but I like seeing the iPod beauty), and its a massive lint attracter (especially the black). But overall I am happy with my Agent 18, only bad thing is that it doesnt come with a click wheel protector, but those are pretty easy to find.

DMBand0026
2006-01-12, 01:55
I have an iSkin evo 2 for my 4G iPod and I will be purchasing an evo 3 for my 5G video iPod. The product has proven itself to me and than some. I can't think of a better case for the iPod. It provides protection against scratches, dents, and dings. Also, since it's silicone, it provides a little splash protection should it ever get splashed (although iSkin makes no claims that it's water resistant, because it's really not). I like that if you drop your iPod, the rubbery case provides some shock absorption as well. It's just a great overall case, I'd recommend it.

Mikester
2006-01-12, 07:11
I also have the Agent 18, which is great. However, it is plastic and so provides no shock-absorption protection. All it does is take the scratches, leaving your iPod in perfect condition.

ghoti
2006-01-12, 07:49
I got an iSkin, and I hated the feel of it. It's just too rubbery for me. That and the fact that it attracted all the dog hairs floating around (which made it hard to tell my iPod from my dog after a few days) made me toss it and go for a low-tech "inCase" neoprene case.