PDA

View Full Version : .mac purchase

Jason
2006-01-14, 18:07
I am thinking of trying this out (two month's free subscription isn't too shabby) and would like to know what others think about it. I've read most of the blurb on the .Mac page but that's no substitute for real users opinions. Also, I don't seem to be able to get this on a student discount. £68 in the UK. Is that correct and why no discount?

Oh yeah, belated Happy New Year everyone!

noah
2006-01-14, 18:55
I had .mac and now im not going to buy it again. For me its not that great.

Luca
2006-01-14, 18:58
.mac seems pretty expensive for what you get (web hosting and email). The main thing is that it has a lot of little features that are nice for Mac users. I could see it being worth that if you use all of those. But if you just want it for the hosting and the email, there are MUCH better ways to spend your money.

torifile
2006-01-14, 19:01
I've been a .mac user since the beginning. It's not a GREAT deal by any stretch, but the convenience outweighs the $10 or so I'd save if I tried to roll my own. Plus, if you've got multiple macs, it makes life so much easier (syncing bookmarks, addresses, calendars and keychains).

SKMDC
2006-01-14, 19:20
What torifile says, more than one mac or a couple of phones makes the syncing useful.
I am curious to see the future of iWeb and what that will entail. it's worth the trial by all means.