PDA

View Full Version : Thread Read vs. Not Read Indicators

Maciej
2004-08-09, 00:59
It seems to me that when I post the last message in a thread, and go back to the main room that the thread is in, that that thread should be marked as "read." However right now, for me at least, it is marked as unread, and I must go back and read what I just wrote for it to be marked "read." I'm not sure if you guys get me, or if this is just a fluke on my end, but can someone look into this and provide me with some feedback?

Thanks!

Luca
2004-08-09, 01:53
I have the exact same problem. In order for a thread to be marked read after I post in it, I have to click on it again and reload the list of topics. I'm not sure why this is but I'll talk to LoCash about it.

Maciej
2004-08-09, 02:11
Thanks for the quick action! I had to mention it because its just plain annoying for me, and I couldn't find an option for it in preferences. :(

Luca
2004-08-09, 03:20
He thinks it's just another one of these annoying vB bugs. I don't know, I guess that means we have to wait for an update to vB.

Escher
2004-08-09, 09:35
It seems to me that when I post the last message in a thread, and go back to the main room that the thread is in, that that thread should be marked as "read."

I actually like the fact that my own posts are marked as unread. First, it encourages me to re-read my posts and correct any errors. Second, it makes me feel good about posting. ;)

Escher

ast3r3x
2004-08-09, 13:07
He thinks it's just another one of these annoying vB bugs. I don't know, I guess that means we have to wait for an update to vB.

I know vB has to be horribly complex, because PHPBB2 is pretty crazy, and it sucks in comparison. But why isn't it possible to go fix it yourself? I mean it's all there. Maybe it's just too hard to find and fix? Not that I'm volunteering; these boards would never work again :lol:

DMBand0026
2004-08-09, 19:22
I posted about this issue a few weeks ago, and I still have the problem. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It's annoying :\