PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro shipping date issue

nakiataman
2006-01-17, 22:31
I will be going overseas for about 8 months. I want to buy MacBook Pro and leave with it. Apple lists shipping date as February but not a specific date. I leave on the 16th of February. Does anyone have any insight on the exact release & shipping date ?? Thanks in advance !!

Wraven
2006-01-18, 08:54
Mine says shipping on Feb. 15th. So it looks like you would not receive yours by the 16th. :(

Sorry.

Bryson
2006-01-18, 08:58
You'd do better to go to an Apple Store and Buy one over the counter on the 15th. If you can.

Where are you going travelling? Perhaps you can buy it while you're out there?

intlplby
2006-01-20, 15:04
i have the exact same problem

i leave my home address on the 16th to go to NYC for a week before returning to China on the 23rd......

they won't ship to the Soho store in NYC, so i need to find another address in NYC to send it to.....

i don't see why they won't mail it to China.

nakiataman
2006-01-21, 15:55
Mine says shipping on Feb. 15th. So it looks like you would not receive yours by the 16th. :(

Sorry.
Thanks for your input. I did order on line and they quoted Feb.15 as the shipping date......I'm sure I won't be getting it on time and probably will have to cancel my order. Nightmare !!

nakiataman
2006-01-21, 16:02
i have the exact same problem

i leave my home address on the 16th to go to NYC for a week before returning to China on the 23rd......

they won't ship to the Soho store in NYC, so i need to find another address in NYC to send it to.....

i don't see why they won't mail it to China.
Thanks for your input. At least you will be in NYC for a week. I'm sure you can find an address for them to ship to......I don't even have that option. I put in my order on line and was quoted Feb.15 as my shipping date. Looks like I will have to cancel my order......nightmare. I also think Apples no overseas shipping policy (for security reasons) to be an utter joke......downright stupid......don't you think ??

nakiataman
2006-01-21, 16:07
You'd do better to go to an Apple Store and Buy one over the counter on the 15th. If you can.

Where are you going travelling? Perhaps you can buy it while you're out there?
Thanks for your input. I will be going on a series of cruise ships and I don't think their "gift shops" will carry MacBooks, what do you think ?? :)))
Looks like I will have to cancel my order :(

Banana
2006-01-21, 16:32
Maybe if you called your local Apple store or authorized dealer, they will be able to hold one for you as they get their first shipments? Couldn't hurt.

Messiahtosh
2006-01-21, 18:19
In conclusion, thanks for your input.:D

patrickatm08
2006-01-22, 17:35
Guys, this problem has a simple solution. Don't cancel your order, have it shipped to me. I'll get to enjoy it while you can't, and then when you get back, you'll have a machine ready to go. Sounds easy enough to me. Don't fret. :lol:

dfj225
2006-01-25, 10:18
My suggestion would be to cancel your order and try to get one from an Apple store. The store in Delaware told me that they expected to have MacBooks the 3rd week in February, so that puts you right around the 15th. If you go to the store and are interested in buying, they have a list that you can sign up where they hold a computer for you when they get them in. That's what I did. Can't say I've ever done this before at an Apple store, but it seems like it should work out ok.

Zorn
2006-01-26, 11:28
My suggestion would be to cancel your order and try to get one from an Apple store. The store in Delaware told me that they expected to have MacBooks the 3rd week in February, so that puts you right around the 15th. If you go to the store and are interested in buying, they have a list that you can sign up where they hold a computer for you when they get them in. That's what I did. Can't say I've ever done this before at an Apple store, but it seems like it should work out ok.

Just FYI most Apple stores don't do this, they are normally FCFS with any new products. Probably isn't an option for the OP.

intlplby
2006-01-26, 16:38
call the corporate office and ask to talk to "apple solutions"

the only way you'll get it in time is if you get it from the apple store.

where are you traveling to..... as far as i know you may be able to buy one where you are going?..... it may cost you more though.... can someone mail it to you?

i finally resolved to have my dad mail it to me if it arrives late..... i'm ordering two and it looks like one will make it in time, but not the other one.

Bryson
2006-01-26, 17:27
Thanks for your input. I will be going on a series of cruise ships and I don't think their "gift shops" will carry MacBooks, what do you think ?? :)))
Looks like I will have to cancel my order :(

Just read your reply. I used to do exactly what you're doing - I worked for Princess Cruises. (Production/Theatre department, if you're interested.)

I bought my Powerbook in St Maarten one day when I went ashore. St Thomas is good, too. Plus, any Cruise ship near the States will start or finish (or both) in the States.

PM me if you want to know more.