PDA

View Full Version : DVD Recording software

eochs
2006-01-18, 19:30
I need a recommendation on what software to use to edit DVD's... I bought a DVD Recorder for my home entertainment center to pull stuff off of my Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR... I have burned both the Rose Bowl (Hook 'em Horns!) and Sportscenter from after the game. They are each on their own disc right now... Actually, each quarter of the Rose Bowl is on it's own DVD+R also so I could get the highest quality recording (I was able to have it output the HD feed letterboxed. I know it's not HD anymore, but it is nice to have a good high quality source recording for my final DVD)...

I want to edit the commercials out from the game and Sportscenter, and put both of them on a dual layer disc (it will be about 4 hours of video, may have to compress a little bit, but with dual layer it should come pretty close)... Any thoughts on what software I should use?

curiousuburb
2006-01-18, 19:57
iMovie HD and iDVD might do you fine, if you have the current versions... depends.

What Mac do you have? Which OS, which version of iLife apps?

eochs
2006-01-18, 20:26
I've got a 1.5Ghz Mac Mini, 1G RAM, 80GB 5400 RPM drive... Running 10.4.4 with iLife 05...

eochs
2006-01-18, 20:57
How do I import a DVD into iMovie to edit it?