PDA

View Full Version : When should I buy?

tacvbo83
2006-01-23, 15:20
Can you please help me decide if I should wait?

1) Is Mac OS 10.5 supposed to be revealed this year?

2) When is the next Apple keynote event? (how many per year?)

3) Do you think the Duo Core iMacs and Mac Book Pros will be updated again sometime soon? (at least by June or July)

I want to know this because I can wait some time and would rather wait if possible for 2nd generation Duo Core systems and also for them to come already with Mac OS 10.5. (that would be the best buy id say for me to wait for)

I know this is an apple forum, but do any of you know when Vista is suppose to come out? I want to know because of VPC.

spikeh
2006-01-23, 16:59
1. Yes.
2. I wouldn't look to them necessarily as the sole source of Apple product releases - Steve Jobs said that the entire product line would be transitioning over the year: I'd expect that we see the bigger draws (Powermac replacement, new iBooks) at a keynote and things like Mac Mini, MacBook Pro Rev B., iMac Rev B. outside of event-time.
3. Almost certainly not. It'd be absolutely insane for Apple to oversaturate the market with any changes to flagship hardware four months after it has launched -- unless there are significant problems with the current configuration of the MacBook, I don't think we'll see any changes to it until the end of the year at the earliest.

I think Vista is due at the end of this calendar year or begining of the next. Watching those '15 reasons...' videos it looks pretty much standard fare.