PDA

View Full Version : ibook g4

tim2006
2006-01-28, 08:43
I need a new laptop. I just picked up the intel imac. I need a laptop for word docs and internet. What are your thoughts of buying a 14 ibook at this point. I would jump at it if they reduce the price. Apple has been selling the intel machines for the same price as the ppc. Any advice.

m4hl3r
2006-01-28, 08:58
I need a new laptop. I just picked up the intel imac. I need a laptop for word docs and internet. What are your thoughts of buying a 14 ibook at this point. I would jump at it if they reduce the price. Apple has been selling the intel machines for the same price as the ppc. Any advice.

Same as always - if you need it NOW, buy it now. If you can wait, then wait. :) There's a pretty big chance that Jobs will be ready with some brand new Intel MacBooks (iBooks) 1. of April (April Fools Day - Apples Birthday, correct me if I'm wrong.)

You might also want to take a look at this thread, it's about when new MacBooks / iBooks will arrive.

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=13268

and this one too - Apple's Front Row media experience coming to iBook line

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1499

M4hl3r

chucker
2006-01-28, 09:03
As you point out yourself, they're unlikely to reduce the price. Rather, they'll just EOL the line as soon as they run out of machines to sell (or use Overstock to handle it for them).

An Intel-based iBook successor will likely arrive within the next two to three months. It may be advisable to wait until then.

scrouds
2006-01-28, 10:14
If i could recomend the 12" iBook. Pretty much the same computer, except smaller. Except for a DVD burner, but with your iMac, its not really necessary (or practical) to burn DVDs on the move.

Zorn
2006-01-28, 14:35
I too would recommend the 12" iBook over the 14", same resolution and a lighter package, the 14" everything just looks oversized.

Of course, if you can wait at all, I would say do that. Intel iBooks are sure to be much faster.