PDA

View Full Version : iBook wont charge - tell me it's the power supply!

jimdad
2004-08-11, 12:11
As the title says. I put the mains lead in to charge, get a quick flash of green light which then dies away and no charging goes on. I'm sitting at 23% and scared to use it until I know whether it's the power supply (again!) or the iBook itself.

Help please.

Luca
2004-08-11, 12:15
This has happened before? You got a new power supply I assume?

I'd say just call Apple ASAP and see if they have any procedures you can go through to determine if it's the power supply or the iBook itself. You might have to send it in for repair.

jimdad
2004-08-11, 12:46
Thanks, Luca. Yes it has happened before. Unfortunately then it was under warranty and now it isn't. (I know.... Applecare is well worth it and i did get it for my son's iBook.)

I'm on holiday just now from the school so I can't even use one of the school power supplies to check which is faulty.

jimdad
2004-08-13, 11:13
Panic over. I tried a new power supply and its light faded immediately as well. However, after fiddling with the wire a little it came back on. I went back to the original power supply did the same and it started working. sounds like loose conection somewhere inside the iBook.

alcimedes
2004-08-13, 13:20
i had this happen to a power book after my wife dropped it on the floor. the connection was loose in the back. rotating the connector would make it charge/not charge. never bothered getting it fixed.