PDA

View Full Version : Motion2 graphics cards

j. smith
2006-02-05, 16:33
I just purchased a dual core 2.0, but kept the standard graphics 6600 (128MB) card. I was told by an apple "motion guy" that the card would be great and that upgrading to the 256MB wasn't necessary. Any thoughts? I haven't received the computer from shipping yet, so I can make a change but it will cost more ($180 as opposed to $50 preinstalled at apple) since I will have to go through apple and not the reseller(which had big discounts) I bought it from. thanks for any insight!

JsnSA
2006-02-06, 23:02
I have been trying to determine if the 25MB vram version is worth the additional cost as well.

I have yet to find any benchmarks comparing an intel iMac with 128MB and one with 256MB.

Its too bad some of the resellers such as Amazon don't carry iMacs with 256MB vram because with their current rebate in addition to not having to pay state taxes on the purchase....you get a pretty good discount through them.

If anyone sees any benchmarks posted that compares a 128MB iMac to a 256MB please post the link in here. I am sure there are quite a few people wondering if the 256MB is worth the additional cost.