PDA

View Full Version : Apple store price matching policy

torifile
2006-02-09, 22:01
Anyone know what the deal is with Apple retail store price matching? I'd like to get an iMac but amazon has them for $1550 after rebate. Even with my edu discount, that's a $50 + tax savings. I did some googling and it looks like you've got to have a procare card (http://www.apple.com/retail/procare/terms.html) to get it explicitly

Great Prices. At the time of your retail Apple Store purchase only, if you find that an Apple Authorized Reseller is currently selling identical Apple-branded hardware or software for a lower price than is offered at the retail Apple Store, the retail Apple Store will sell you that product at the lower price. Taxes, shipping, and handling costs are excluded. Non-Apple-branded products are not eligible. Apple-branded hardware and software pricing available through the Apple Developer Connection, the Apple Employee Purchase Program, the Apple Federal Employee Purchase Program, and the Apple business and education programs are not eligible. Price matching is subject to verification of the lower price and product availability. This offer may be cancelled at any time.
But do I HAVE to have procare to get this or are the flexible about it?

Artap99
2006-02-09, 22:21
Amazon is selling it for full price, and then the price difference is a mail in rebate. You'll have to find out who the rebate is through. Apple might denote this as something different than what they are willing to match.