PDA

View Full Version : online vs phone order

tacvbo83
2006-02-14, 16:06
I will be ordering my MacBook Pro in the beginning of next week and was wondering how you guys ordered it. (online or phone)

Is it faster to get it shipped if ordered by phone or is it the same?

kieran
2006-02-14, 16:32
I've never ordered over the phone, but I dont see any reason as to why one would be different than the other.

CineAlta
2006-02-14, 16:36
I think there is more room for error, with a phone order. I've spoken to telephone operators (taking orders) who know nothing about computers/technology. Unless I had them read the order back to me, I wouldn't have known about any mistakes.

I think online ordering is more precise. The builder gets the printout, directly generated from your custom online choices (not a telephone operator). Apple has been good, but one time I got a Dell with less RAM than I ordered because the operator wasn't listening closely to me, but was trying to figure out something on their computer.

Electric Monk
2006-02-15, 22:01
Amusingly, sometimes the over the phone person uses the same online order system you would have used had you gone that route rather then their internal company system.

noah
2006-02-15, 22:18
Yeah I have been on the phone people and their like car salesmen. They always try to get you to order the most expensive things. Also they want you to finish the order with them so you cant get an answer from them. Go with the internet and take your time. If you have a question call them, but dont buy from them on the phone.

Banana
2006-02-15, 22:22
I think there is more room for error, with a phone order. I've spoken to telephone operators (taking orders) who know nothing about computers/technology. Unless I had them read the order back to me, I wouldn't have known about any mistakes.

:mad: :mad: that was exactly what happend with Qwest. I tell you, they're like three years old; can only do one order at a time, and that's plenty confusing for them! :grumble:

Ah, I got over that, but yes I'd definitely prefer internet over phone for practically anything, unless there was a lot of questions that needs to be answered via a live person.

scratt
2006-02-15, 22:36
We have phone orders and delivery for McDonalds in Bangkok.. Great for a hungover Satruday morning.. But I sure wish they had internet ordering, like they do for pizza. My Thai is not quite good enough to ensure I get the meal I want, and their English isn't that good either... Plus they call pinnapple pies, 'apple' pies here, which leads to no end of confusion! ;)

Internet ordering for anything is 100% preferable, but it is nice to have a number to ring when it all goes wrong!