PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Rebate Question

Ominx
2006-02-20, 20:10
I just placed an order with Amazon for the MBP 2.0 and have received an estimated ship date of April 23rd. The problem is, the $150 rebate clearly states entries for the last submission date for the rebate is March 23rd. I went through Amazon to save $300, but if I have to wait over two months and then be denied the rebate, it definitely isn't worth it to just save the sales tax alone.

Does anyone have any experience with Amazon and pre-orders when rebates are involved? I have searched for some sort of contact info on the Amazon website, but didn't find any. Does anyone have contact information they could pass along?

Thanks.

SKMDC
2006-02-20, 20:27
If you go to the help page (on the bottom of any page) Then click ordering, on the right side of the page is a help by phone button click it and it will get you through.
They've always been very helpful to me.

Ominx
2006-02-20, 22:12
I have an update. I emailed Amazon Customer Support the following message:

I place an order this evening for an Apple MacBook Pro MA464LL/A 15.4" Notebook PC (2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive)"

The estimated shipping date is April 26-28. I was hoping to be able to take advantage of the $150 rebate for this item, however it states the submission deadline is March 28. Even though I placed the order today, February 20 (within the valid purchase dates) it would be impossible for me to register for the rebate before the deadline.

Do I have any options available to me? It seems impossible anyone will be actually able to qualify for the rebate if we can't get the order by the submission date. If this is the case I may unfortunately have to cancel my order.

Please advise.

Thank You.

This is the (favorable) response from Amazon doing the right thing:

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

We're sorry to hear that you will not be able to send in your mail-in
offer before the postmark date because of the shipping delay.

Due to the circumstances, I have arranged an exception for the
offer. However, you must send in all the necessary paperwork with a
note explaining the reason for the late submission of the offer.

Please save this message. It is possible that your claim to the offer
will initially be denied. If this happens, please select the link at
the end of this message. We will ensure that the appropriate check
is sent to you within 6-8 weeks.

I hope this is a satisfactory solution.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we
requested:

<link removed>

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail. Please use the link above to send us your reply.

Best regards.

So it looks like Amazon is doing the right thing here and honoring the rebate despite the shipping delay. If anything else transpires I will update this thread.

Ominx.

torifile
2006-02-20, 22:30
Amazon has the best customer service on the net, IMHO. I've NEVER been dissatisfied with their service. Any time I have a problem, they fix it and then some.