PDA

View Full Version : I've got no kick against modern jazz music

Wrao
2004-08-17, 13:09
This is a compilation of beatles songs, played by jazz cats, featured on the front page of both the Jazz genre and the Main iTMS page. I wonder when Apple records will finally cave, will they?

You can just feel it (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=20006150)

SKMDC
2004-08-17, 13:27
probably never, while beatle paul is alive.

Wrao
2004-08-17, 13:41
probably never, while beatle paul is alive.

what you haven't heard? Paul is dead :p ;)

SKMDC
2004-08-17, 13:48
cranberry sauce

Xaqtly
2004-08-17, 14:44
Awesome compilation. :D

Luca
2004-08-17, 14:52
cranberry sauce
LOL. I was JUST reading about that on Snopes not one hour ago! Well... more like two hours ago, because I ran over a nail on my way back from work and I ended up having to walk my bike about two miles. Either way... I get it! And yesterday I wouldn't have.

SKMDC
2004-08-17, 15:00
usually no one gets my references except bunge back at A/I.
i feel like dennis miller on monday night football.

curiousuburb
2004-08-17, 21:24
Ah, but MNF staffers used to put out the "Annotated Dennis Miller" Tuesday AM on Brittanica.com

The annotated comments seem to be offline due to file structure shifts, but some of the original quotes are available in text and audio form here (http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/sights_sounds/dmiller/)

My favourite: Mark Schlereth (back from another arthroscopic surgery on his knees).
"This guy has been probed more often than a redneck abducted by aliens".

The annotated comments the next day explained in deadpan dry wit how disproportionately large numbers of trailer park residents claim to have more contact with intelligent life than anybody else, yet these interplanetary visitors are seemingly only interested in rectal exams.

Dave Hagan
2004-08-18, 16:49
This is a compilation of beatles songs, played by jazz cats, featured on the front page of both the Jazz genre and the Main iTMS page. I wonder when Apple records will finally cave, will they?That particular jazz CD is old - it goes back at least 9 or 10 years.

Wrao
2004-08-18, 18:14
That particular jazz CD is old - it goes back at least 9 or 10 years.

that's not the point, the point is apple's placement of it on the front page, they want the beatles on the store, badly.

psmith2.0
2004-08-18, 18:58
usually no one gets my references except bunge back at A/I.
i feel like dennis miller on monday night football.

28IF?

;)

On that album, they've chosen an overwhelming number of Paul songs. Maybe his stuff is just melodic and transfers betting to interpretation by others?

"I Want You", "A Day in the Life" and "In My Life" were John songs, and, of course, Harrison was "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

While the credits read "Lennon-McCartney", any fan worth a damn knows that as the years progressed on (even during the early "moptop" era), John and Paul were writing more on their own, separate from the other.

In any case, lots of Paul written/sung songs on that album! 10 out of 14 to be exact.

:eek:

However, my all-time favorite, "For No One", isn't on there. Oh well. A beautiful, heartbreaking song...

SKMDC
2004-08-19, 04:07
28IF?

that's an easy one, one of the license tags on the abbey road cover,
28IF (paul would be 28 if he hadn't died)
also him being barefoot is some italian symbol of death.