PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express->Netgear router file sharing issues

thequicksilver
2004-08-20, 07:48
I have a Netgear DG834 modem and router that I used to use to share my wired DSL connection between my PC and Mac. My desire for wireless printing however led me to get an Airport Express, so my iBook G4 (latest gen 12") now connects to the internet via my Airport Express.

However I often used my router's connection to move files between my PC and iBook, mostly backups and stuff like that. But everything seems to have changed, and I can't seem to connect either the Mac to the PC, or vice versa.

My router's IP is 192.168.0.1, and PC is 192.168.0.3, with the Airport Express taking 192.168.1.1 and the iBook 192.168.1.2. I've tried various forms of port forwarding and mapping to try and get it to work, but truthfully, I haven't got a bloody clue what I'm doing here. If anyone had any tips or pointers, I'd be grateful. As I only have two ethernet cables, it's annoying to have to pull either my AExp's cable out simply to back my system up. It's not like I can't do it wires, but it kind of defeats the object of having a wireless base station really.

Thanks in advance.