PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait to buy a new iPod

MacSter69
2006-03-20, 20:50
My current iPod is the 3rd-gen 15 gig model. I have had it for maybe two years, but the battery holds almost no charge and I am ready to upgrade to a more capable model. I want to make the upgrade soon since this low battery life is killing me. I know that I want a video model, but I dont want to buy the current video iPod and have it be outdated in a month. Is it likely that this new rumored video iPod is going to be coming out soon or am I just better off getting the current version?

Thanks.

Wyatt
2006-03-20, 21:47
Unless you need it now, wait. There's a good chance we'll see something change within two or three weeks. Then, if something does change, I'm sure there'll be no shortage of current models on eBay if you like the current ones better than the new ones that we really believe are coming. Be patient. :)

Luca
2006-03-20, 21:50
There's supposed to be a special event sometime around the beginning of April. I'd suggest waiting until then.

By the way, I also have a 3G 15GB iPod. I don't really care about the new features and I don't need more storage space, so I just bought a replacement battery for it. It works pretty well, although it wasn't easy to install. That's just an option for you. It's about $30.

MacSter69
2006-03-20, 22:22
Now that I think about it, there is also the issue of that potential settlement from that class-action lawsuit. www.appleipodsettlement.com

I filed a claim and the site said the settlement has been approved, but does anyone have any clue how long it will be before anyone sees any results?