PDA

View Full Version : "Think Different" a contender in competition to crown the top 5 slogans.

Quagmire
2004-08-22, 19:47
There are 26 choices and "Think Different" is one of them. There is also Verizons slogan " Can you here me now?". There is also Budweisers" Wassup".

http://promotions.yahoo.com/advertisingweek_2004/static/sloganpoll.html

psmith2.0
2004-08-22, 20:50
Well you know it ain't gonna be Apple's...

I mean, no one walked around going "think different" like they do the other two. Those were widespread, legit pop culture zingers and "moments". Only the faithful among us know - or care - about "think different" (or assign it any importance or impact).

Cool that's it's in there, no doubt. Just doesn't stand a chance against the others.

:)

One of the downsides to that whole niche-y, "3%" thing...most of the world doesn't give a damn about our little "computer that could".

:\

psmith2.0
2004-08-22, 20:53
I'd go so far to make a Junkyard Dawg-inspired wager, but, knowing my luck, the damn thing would win and I'd suddenly have to figure out how to become really limber...

:lol:

Mac+
2004-08-22, 21:14
... ah yes - what ever happened to JYD? Hasn't shown his "head" around for quite a while I suspect. ;)

I do miss his rants and tales of "leaked info" though. They were usually a good read. :lol:

Brad
2004-08-22, 21:58
"Wassup" and "Got milk?" are the only two real contenders on that list.

I mean, sure, some of them are cute and memorable, but *none* of them had the overall social impact and recent immediate recognition to practically everyone than these two.

"Where's the beef?" Umm, I threw it out TWENTY YEARS AGO after that commercial aired. Kids today probably have no idea what this or some of those slogans are even advertising without reading the parentheses.

Maciej
2004-08-22, 23:55
I had to vote for the BMW one. It really is the "Ultimate Driving Machine!"

SilentEchoes
2004-08-23, 01:24
Ah yes the things that you have to love about capitalism.

I voted for sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Almond joy has nuts, Mounds dont.

Because they used to sing a little catchy tune with it and its the longest slogan I can remember really well. I figure thats gotta count for something.

Messiahtosh
2004-08-23, 01:26
I voted for Think Different, it's like a Mac user mantra, so I had to.

Anyway, I think Think Different may come in at #5.