PDA

View Full Version : LaCie and F.A. Porsche

dangelovich
2004-08-24, 03:29
Hi
Exactly who/what is F.A. Porsche? LaCie seem to like mentioning it on their website and packaging... Is this just banking on the Porsche (car) name or is it actually someone who is a well known designer or miscellaneous gizmos?

usurp
2004-08-24, 03:44
i dont think its the porsche car. i think its his cousin. Like PORSCHE DESIGN stuff it not stuff designed by PORSCHE the car company but by the cousin of the PORSCHE guy. different companies baiscally but same last name.

Windswept
2004-08-24, 08:19
Simple elegance from F. A Porsche and team "Design is not form or function alone, but rather an aesthetic synthesis of the two."
F. A. Porsche

This is the philosophy that underlies all the work of F. A. Porsche, the grandson of the legendary car designer, Prof. Ferdinand Porsche. The starting point for F. A. Porsche´s design activities was the Porsche car company in Stuttgart, where in 1963, he provided the body of the Porsche 911 with its inimitable lines. Then in 1972, F. A. Porsche began his own design firm, Porsche Design GmbH in Austria.

The company is world-renowned for its disciplined aesthetic that refines objects down to their basic function, brings out a clarity and timelessness of form, and incorporates the most suitable, advanced materials and workmanship in order to combine traditional features with high-tech performance.

Porsche Design GmbH designed the entire vpr Matrix system, including notebooks, desktop CPU, monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. The classic and angular look of vpr Matrix is in striking contrast to the current trend of rounded PC designs.

http://www.vprmatrix.com/difference_design.asp

Moogs
2004-09-02, 17:50
I don't know but I bought one of those drives and I wasn't impressed at all. Build quality was chintzy compared to their d2 line and I ended up having to send the thing back because it crapped out on me after a week.

If you want a big external drive, get a d2, if you want a mini-drive, get a FireLite.