PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished iPod

mvalenstein
2006-04-03, 09:00
Has anyone had experience buying an "Apple Certified" refurbished iPod?
I am considering buying a 20Gb Color screen iPod (I have no need or desire to have video features) and would like to know if anyone has experience buying an iPod from Apple's refurb store.

Is there concern to be had about battery life?

Thanks

DMBand0026
2006-04-03, 11:54
The general consensus on refurbished products is that they're as good, if not better than new products. A product can be considered refurbished for many reasons; because someone returned it, because it broke and was brought back, because it failed original quality control tests...etc. All refurbished products are taken by Apple, put through an inspection, cleaned, and any faulty or bad parts are replaced.

You should have no concern about buying a refurbished product, you'll get a great quality product at a reduced price. If you're really worried though, get AppleCare for the iPod. You'll pay a bit more, but you'll have the additional piece of mind.

chucker
2006-04-03, 11:57
Note that AppleCare is cheaper on refurb products, so you actually save even more. It should help your battery worries, as a too-low battery will get replaced by them.

Lurch104
2006-04-03, 14:29
I bought a 20g color refub iPod for my daughter for Christmas. The HD died mid February. I had a replacement under warantee within the week. I'b buy another refurb, but I would keep a close eye on it.

kretara
2006-04-03, 15:54
I bought (today) 2 refurb iPods. 1 20GB Click-wheel and 1 512MB Shuffle.

I've bought lots for Apple refurb stuff (from Apple and Smalldog) and I have never had a problem.