PDA

View Full Version : Mac 2 Button Mouse (help!)

outsidah
2006-04-03, 11:47
I remember visiting a website for a company that made a mouse that looked like an Apple mouse but had two buttons. The mouse was also wireless. I can't find the website or the mouse now!

Can anyone help me out?

chucker
2006-04-03, 11:50
You probably mean "The Mouse", from MacMice/MacTable/DVForge/etc., from our favorite scammer Jack Campbell. ;)

DMBand0026
2006-04-03, 11:51
You might want to try this (http://www.macally.com/spec/bluetooth/btmouse.html). It's a bluetooth mouse from Macally. It's $49.99. Macally makes good stuff, so you shouldn't have any problems with it.

You can also check out their other mice here (http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/mice_001.html).

Personally, I use a Logitec MX1000 laser Mouse. I got it for $40.00 from www.tigerdirect.com after a rebate. It's the best mouse I've ever used, I'd suggest checking it out.

PKIDelirium
2006-04-03, 11:58
Uhh...

Mighty Mouse...

outsidah
2006-04-03, 11:58
thanks ALOT for the help guys, I thought I was going crazy!

Yes, it was "The Mouse" what I was looking for.

Bare with me, I'm new to the Mac community being that I'm just picking up a MacBook... I use a Logitech MX1000 on my PC and LOVE it and you stated DMBand0026... but I wanted to get something I guess that matched the MacBook.

Is "The Mouse" any good, or is it just commercialzed garbage? I might just stick to my trusty Logitech if you guys advise so :)

PC Guru... mac newb out!

outsidah
2006-04-03, 12:00
Uhh...

Mighty Mouse...

Uh...

Its not wireless?

chucker
2006-04-03, 12:04
Yes, it was "The Mouse" what I was looking for.

Is "The Mouse" any good, or is it just commercialzed garbage?

As far as I know, it's a very good product, and so is a lot else from the same company. The only problem is that its entrepreneur has a horrible reputation. I recommend you read MacInTouch's reader reports about him (http://www.macintouch.com/mactable.html) before you buy anything from his companies.

Macally, on the other hand, is a great company.

I might just stick to my trusty Logitech if you guys advise so :)

That's always a good option too.

Generally, any USB mouse will work, even no-name stuff for $5. So what it boils down to is special feature requests (which will need special drivers) and design.

outsidah
2006-04-03, 12:12
thank you, I'll be reading that article and looking into what I do

Banana
2006-04-03, 12:14
Bare with me...

:err:

This isn't a pr0n site.... :no:

[/light hearted jab]

Welcome, by the way. :)

outsidah
2006-04-03, 12:23
:err:

This isn't a pr0n site.... :no:

[/light hearted jab]

Welcome, by the way. :)

:lol:

hehe thanks!

I just read that page about Jack Campbell... doesnt look like I'll be contributing to making his pockets richer with the kind of scams and lies this guy is pulling.

Good looking out.

turbulentfurball
2006-04-03, 16:47
<minor rant> I don't see the fascination many people have with wireless mice. Is a cable so intrusive that I'd buy a mouse that requires batteries, only to die at the precise moment when I'm doing something important? Ehm no. I'll stick with the cable, thanks. I admit that there are applications for a wireless mouse, for example for accessing the computer at a distance, but it annoys me when I see a wireless mouse no more than a few inches from a computer. </minor rant>

From what I've seen, I agree. Macally mice are good :)

kosmicki
2006-04-03, 17:27
I'm going to pick up a wired Logitech laser for my MBP. I tried out the Mighty Mouse, and I can't stand that tiny scroll ball. :grumble: I love my MX1000, and the ability to use it on the arm of my chair or every other surface I've come across.

I don't want a wireless one, as it is another battery I have to worry about. :p

Luca
2006-04-03, 18:43
The MX1000 has a battery life of at least a week before you have to charge it, a charging station (so no swapping batteries, just throw it on there for a few hours), and a multi-level battery indicator on the mouse itself. If the battery dies when you're using it, you will have no one to blame but yourself!

neiltc13
2006-04-03, 19:02
That Macally BT Mouse has been "Coming Soon" since last year.

Get the Logitech S530 desktop set. I did and it was worth every penny. Matches my iMac perfectly.