PDA

View Full Version : Financing option for new computer

the catcher
2006-04-05, 19:30
One of my friends told me about a site called *pfffffft*, it has a Apple User Group and the purpose of the group is to help finance the purchase of a new computer. The really interesting thing is that Mac users lend money to other Mac users. Say someone wants to buy a MacBook Pro for $3000, 60 individuals each lend that person $50 so they can buy the computer, then that person pays the lenders back with interest. Its P2P lending of sorts....

URL bent backwards over a toilet and skull f***ed by your friendly neighborhood murbot

WrestleEwe
2006-04-05, 19:47
Sounds like a really good idea, but there is no way in hell I'm paying 17,7% interest (from their one current loan) when I can get 11% from a random reputable bank. And that is just with a quick internet search.

If you really need the MBP, you probably have a business use for it, so you probably can get an even lower "starter" interest...

Oh yeah; if your bank doesn't want to lend you money, it's probably a good idea not to buy a new laptop... It's like the movie-saying: "If you can't raise the cash, you shouldn't make the movie"

murbot
2006-04-05, 19:50
One of my friends told me about a site called AppleNova, it has a group of Apple users and the purpose of the group is to discuss the Mac and related things. The really interesting thing is that Mac users at this place really fucking hate spammers. I mean, REALLY fucking hate them. Say someone posts some bullshit thread directing people to their website. They get the thread locked, endure some ridicule, and are banned permanently. Sometimes it's just one person, sometimes it's a collective effort from members *and* admins/mods. It's P2P ass kicking of sorts...

BTW, one of your friends told you about a site MY ASS, frequencydip. You're the fucking group leader of the page you linked too.

I think people can find their own 17-50% loans, thankyouverymuch. Funny username you chose too, as I think anyone willing to pay what you ask for a computer loan would be considered the catcher, if you get my drift.

http://homepage.mac.com/murbot/.Pictures/pleasedie.jpg

FFL
2006-04-05, 20:02
P2P as in Person to Pyramid?

OMFG, where do I sign up at???!!!!1!!!11

Um, yeah, you're getting off easy. There's usually even more painful ridicule available here for lying dumbass spammers like you. Don't forget to mention it to all your peeps at the P2P!