PDA

View Full Version : Selling Advice - iMac G5 17 Inch with iSight

neiltc13
2006-04-20, 18:53
I just grabbed myself a new iMac Core Duo 17" after the whole Bootcamp shebang got released. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I need to sell my iMac G5 17" on eBay, but I don't know what price to list it at.

It's a:
iMac G5 17"
1.9GHz PowerPC G5 Processor
1.5GB RAM
160GB HDD

I'm going to include the new Keyboard, Mighty Mouse and Remote from the new iMac with this one, which should help the sale. I'm in the UK, so please, take that into consideration.

I was thinking of a Buy-It-Now price of £790 excluding postage. Is this a reasonable price to assume?

Thanks everyone.

macleod
2006-04-20, 19:12
Why not just set a reserve instead of a buy it now only. You may even get more than that with letting a true auction occur! Best of luck with your sale.

neiltc13
2006-04-20, 19:14
Well, I like to offer buy it now because it means I get a quick sale. I guess I might just try the auction format this time, but eBay charge a ridiculous amount of money to put a reserve on an auction, then there's the ending fees, then there's the darn PayPal fees after that.

sonichart
2006-04-20, 19:19
Well, I like to offer buy it now because it means I get a quick sale. I guess I might just try the auction format this time, but eBay charge a ridiculous amount of money to put a reserve on an auction, then there's the ending fees, then there's the darn PayPal fees after that.

I always put a disclaimer in my auctions that the Buyer assumes responsibility for PayPal fees.. And then I'll just take the final bid price + shipping... multipy by .029 add +.30 and walla. Buyer pays for paypal fees.

You can always bypass the reserve price, just take a look at other items that are close to what you are selling and odds are you will get around that price for it.

Best of luck!

ironlung
2006-04-20, 21:55
put it up for three to four days. People dont bid until the last few hours anyway

PB PM
2006-04-21, 02:21
I always put a disclaimer in my auctions that the Buyer assumes responsibility for PayPal fees.. !
Under ebay rules, you are not allowed to do this... you can lose your acount over that if someone questions you on it.

sonichart
2006-04-21, 22:07
Under ebay rules, you are not allowed to do this... you can lose your acount over that if someone questions you on it.

Ok, well, I'll you can do it anyway and call it "Handling"

neiltc13
2006-05-12, 19:49
I just wanted to add that my iMac sold for £740 + Postage (which was £39 by parcelforce insured). Not really what I was hoping for considering the RAM upgrades, but it had to go.

Robo
2006-05-13, 21:12
I just posted a thread about this...

...granted, the specs are different, but they're the same computer.

But maybe I'm just bitter because my thread only got one reply. :(